“great bread pudding”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Market Cafe

Market Cafe
Ranked #262 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Levis, Canada
“great bread pudding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ate here twice in a 4 day stay, good price, menu had lots of variety, food was good (oysters great!) and the bread pudding for dessert was wonderful both times!

Visited July 2013

Hickory, North Carolina
“Go for the ambience, not the food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We were in the French Market and stopped here for lunch. The atmosphere of the restaurant was nice and there was a jazz band performing on the patio, but unfortunately, the food was not anything to brag about. I get a better muffaleto in Hickory, NC. My husband got the sampler plate with 3 different cajun/creole specialties and they were ok to him. I think we will try a different restaurant the next time we are in the French Market.

Missouri
“great atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stopped here for lunch. We had a variety of food. Muffaletta sandwich, red beans and rice, hamburger, jumbalaya, & alligator. Over all the food was very good. It was a little pricey but not anymore so than any other place we had been. The server was fantastic. He was very helpful. The atmosphere was great, loved the live music. You can sit outside or inside in the a/c.

• Visited July 2013
Irmo, South Carolina
“very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

very good eggs benedict and made to order. I had steak and eggs but they missed the mark on the steak. still a very nice breakfast spot with very good service

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Go here if you're starving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

A group of 7 of us had came here second choice to the Bistro across the street. I've been here before so I kind of knew what to expect but here's my first review.

We ordered 2 breakfast buffets: had your normal breakfast stuff, the eggs and pancakes were pretty good for a buffet.
Crawfish beignets: dry but edible, the sauce was kind of weird unless you like horseradish cause I tasted a lot of it.
two ordered fried oyster poboys: they said it was disgusting for people who love oysters, don't know if it was a bad batch or what.
i got the gyro: DELICIOUS. meat was sooo tender
another ordered bowl of gumbo and someone else ordered a burger: no compaints.

Service on the other hand was kind of terrible. There were moments where I was soooo thirsty and she took a while to refill our drinks. I literally yelled out THANK GODDDD when she finally came.

They also have a band outside that plays jazz music, pretty cool to listen to if you sit outside and sip drinks. The drinks are good.

I wouldn't reccommend it.

• Visited July 2013