“very good”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed July 30, 2013

very good eggs benedict and made to order. I had steak and eggs but they missed the mark on the steak. still a very nice breakfast spot with very good service

Reviewed July 16, 2013

A group of 7 of us had came here second choice to the Bistro across the street. I've been here before so I kind of knew what to expect but here's my first review.

We ordered 2 breakfast buffets: had your normal breakfast stuff, the eggs and pancakes were pretty good for a buffet.
Crawfish beignets: dry but edible, the sauce was kind of weird unless you like horseradish cause I tasted a lot of it.
two ordered fried oyster poboys: they said it was disgusting for people who love oysters, don't know if it was a bad batch or what.
i got the gyro: DELICIOUS. meat was sooo tender
another ordered bowl of gumbo and someone else ordered a burger: no compaints.

Service on the other hand was kind of terrible. There were moments where I was soooo thirsty and she took a while to refill our drinks. I literally yelled out THANK GODDDD when she finally came.

They also have a band outside that plays jazz music, pretty cool to listen to if you sit outside and sip drinks. The drinks are good.

I wouldn't reccommend it.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Walking through the area, we decided to stop for something to eat. The smell of the food and the live music were the draw. A waitress met us and offered us indoor seating (it was a bit hot for the outside seating). We were led to a table that didn't appear to be very clean. The sign outside said they were still serving breakfast - all you can eat buffet - but the waitress told us it was now lunchtime. We were sitting next to the breakfast buffet so we were then told we could help ourselves if that's what we chose to do. My husband had the buffet while I checked the lunch menu. He ate most of his meal before the waitress came back to ask if I wanted anything. I order the gumbo and then watched my husband finish his meal. She eventually returned with the gumbo which was very thin, served with undercooked rice. I was very disappointed with my meal. My husband said the bacon was good, but everything else was just passable. I don't think we'll be returning to this place, nor can I feel comfortable recommending it to friends who may visit the area.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

loved the vibe, band was great! food and drinks were just ok. Its worth it for the atmosphere in our opinion.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We ate at the Market Cafe for lunch on July 1st when we got into town. We were walking by and the waiter was standing outside like soliciting people in. He got us by saying we ave a kid's menu with these items on it. My husband ordered the peacemaker po'boy with fries. I had the shrimp po'boy with chips. Both were good, but it had more bread then seafood! My son had the kids grilled cheese and fries, believe me nothing fancy about it...it was $7.95! Our waiter was okay. He never asked us if we wanted anything to drink, just brought us water. Food and service were slow. We will not be returning to that place.

Been to Market Cafe? Share your experiences!