“Good food but way over rated.”
Review of Sammy's Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Sammy's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Baltimore, MD
“Good food but way over rated.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Title says most of it. Food was great. Service was ok. Price was inflated. $20 later I'm still hungry...

Pearl River, Louisiana, United States
“Lcoal Flavor”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Awesome gumbo, great roast beef po boys. Be prepared to stand in line. Worth the wait. Daily specials are good.

Visited August 2012
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“not bad for a quick bite”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We popped in for a quick snack and enjoyed the crabcake and some bbq shrimp. The staff mentioned that the restaurant is the process of changing names/ownership. It was pretty empty so service was quick and the staff was very friendly.

Visited July 2012
DeKalb
“Don't waste your time....”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We sat down ordered our meal, we were served the 2 appetizers that we had ordered. Once the waiter served these he disappeared. We had no table service, napkins etc. When he finally appeared we told him how poor his service was. 5 minutes later we received our bill without the remainer of our order. I went to speak to mgmt. was told we were asked to leave for disrepecting our server. I then was appalled, asked who the owner/manager was? The answer I received was "some people" she would not give me a name or direct me to someone I could speak too. There are many many good restaurants on Bourbon St. with the same menu (there is nothing special on Sammy's menu) that can and do and did provide excellent food and excellent service. I would recommend Oceana. Avoid this place, they have no respect for customers choosing to come in and spend hard earned money at their establishment. The experience we had was humilating considering others were within earshot. I would never give this place a second chance.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank Tracey G
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had mixed feelings about Sammy's. The service was very good right from the start. The food (I had the blackened tuna) I thought was very good. It actually had a healthy feel to it and it was almost the sort of home-style cooking you expect from your mother, which, when you're stuck with the heavy and salty food you get from the vast majority of restaurants, is a very welcome break. I got the impression that the chef puts a lot of love into the food, and as a diner I appreciated that. The only thing that worried me about Sammy's was the hygeine - the menus was filthy and sticky, and there were scores of mini butter packets left out, surely they belong in the fridge? So clearly there is some room for improvement there, but for me the food, price and service was superb.

• Visited May 2012