“Elegant room and great food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rib Room

Rib Room
Ranked #216 of 1,920 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Royal Street
Description: For 50 years The Rib Room has enjoyed its reputation for outstanding food and service. Patrons have found the massive windows facing Royal Street the perfect backdrop for Crescent City dining. The woody, Old English atmosphere and high ceiling invite guests to sit back and stay awhile. The softly lit and equally comfortable Rib Room bar offers the ideal setting for sophisticated beverages and extensive wine cellar selections. In the restaurant's wine cellar, diners requiring privacy may choose from the "Pipkin", "Wine Cellar", or "Roundtable" rooms, perfect for small gatherings; each discreetly removed from the main dining floor. On the upper level of the Rib Room we feature a private room for groups up to 40 guests. Winner of the prestigious Zagat Award, The Rib Room offers classics such as slow roasted prime rib of beef, aged steaks, fresh Louisiana seafood, and champagne brunch on Sunday.
New Brunswick, NJ
“Elegant room and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Rib Room is an old style (but not old fashioned) space with 30 ft ceilings and wide windows on to the street. The food is classic upscale dining. There is plenty of staff and Allen the day manager was outstanding to accommodate us at the end of the breakfast shift.

Visited February 2013

Rochester, New York
“A pretty great meal in a beautiful dining room and great service in a Great City !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

First, the issue was just getting a reservation. A tour we were on that afternoon highly recommended The Rib Room. We tried OpenTable first, but no openings. The we called the restaurant, but they said that they were fully booked for the evening. So I started looking for another place in OpenTable. After a while, I used the "find all restaurants with openings tonight" function in OpenTable. Guess what came up? The Rib Room! I booked a 6 pm reservation for two - thinking if something goofed up, they might still be able to squeeze us in (my wife REALLY wanted to go). We got there, no problems, and were seated. When I asked if there was a major cancellation, I was told that there was some glitch and we were welcomed. Our waiter was excellent and was able to steer us to a very good meal. My wife had the filet mignon and I had the red fish with crab special. We started with the beet salad and bibb lettuce with bleu cheese. We finished with a New Orleans specialty dessert called the Doberge cake - many thin layers with pudding in between and a cream frosting - yummy!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Dave E
“Lunch was Substantially Less than Acceptable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I dined with 4 colleagues at the Rib Room for lunch the day after the Super Bowl. The service was fine, the food was just not what we had expected and my plate had a pool of grease on the plate under the sandwich. For 3 of us, the french fries were cold and we returned them for hot ones.

One colleague ordered the hamburger and asked for bacon and onions on the burger. His lunch was delivered and it had neither the bacon, nor the onion. I asked for horseradish and that was separately delivered even though I had requested it up front. I see some other diners had better experience than we did, and I certainly did not see the performance they refered to.

In a town of great dining, there are many other better options than Rib Room.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 678855
Arkansas
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

As always, delicious prime rib. You can not go wrong by choosing this restaurant. If you want top service and the best prime rib in nola, then this is your place. Give the shaved brussel sprouts a try...yummy!

• Visited January 2013
USA
“Exactly What an Elegant Meal Should Be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

From the fantastic service through the classy bar to the excellent prime rib, this meal stands out as one of the best I've ever had in New Orleans. My friend and I began with Cadillac Margaritas and moved on to sharing two appetizers: a duck liver pate and a set of very plump oysters in a proprietary preparation that made me want to just order a gallon of them and skip anything else. I'm glad I didn't, though: the smallest available cut of prime rib ("The Princess Cut") was plenty to eat and the shaved brussels sprouts were a perfect complement. The meal was so good that this dessert eater skipped anything afterwards. Ijust wanted to savor what I had just eaten.

Visited January 2013