“A little disappointed, but still had its +s”
Review of Eat

Eat
Ranked #60 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Dislikes - posted menu outside showed flatiron steak. Not on menu inside when I went to order. Instead they had a sirloin special for $25 that the meat was incredibly fatty, and the sauce on the roasted potatoes was too musky tasting for me. They don't sell alcohol which is strange for a fairly expensive restaurant. We are tourists and didn't know to bring our own bottle. The waiter wasn't friendly and told us he could not change a $100 bill for the $60 price of our meal. We felt he was dishonest just to get a larger tip, and probably surprised him when we raked up the money instead between the 2 of us. The salad is a joke, only Caesar, and only a miniscule bowl at that. I did like the location of the restaurant. It was close to our hotel, the N.O. Courtyard Hotel. And the flavor of my steak was pretty good once I got rid of all the fat. Forget bread, they didn't serve any. But the bread pudding is wonderful! If I ever have to go there again, I'll just get the bread pudding for $6 and it's enough to share.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Possibly the most delicious breakfast I've ever had! Brunch on a saturday, and I chose the pulled pork cakes over mustard greens with poached eggs and a Cajun hollandaise!!! My goodness!! It was the bomb! Next trip to Nola I will go for dinner and of course brunch again!
Just an old little kind of rickadee house. But I went to EAT not to just be impressed by decor.
Keep doing what your doing there guys! We loved it!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you're serious about a good breakfast, and I mean a really, really good breakfast, you need to go here. It's a few streets off of the main area of the French Quarter.

It's really small, and obviously kinda disorganised. They could honestly use a really, really good front of house manager. These guys are obviously very passionate about food, and that's their expertise, not management.

That being said, oh my god! The food! I had the Eggs Cochon (pulled pork cake over mustard greens, poached eggs, creole hollindase, grits and homemade biscuit) while my wife had the Lox and Bagel. I have genuinely never seen my wife react that way to lox, as she's Norwegian and used to really, really good lox. I think she devoured the whole thing in about two minutes while declaring, "it's so good!" in between bites. I myself was unable to form words properly due to taking in every phenomenal bite. It should have been overly heavy, but it was surprisingly light. I think it was the use of greens and savoury pork, but it elevated it beyond the normally delicious (but heavy) eggs benedict.

We pretty much just ordered, ate paid and left. The whole process was very quick, the food fresh and remarkable. Go here.

Go. Here.

1  Thank Iselin L
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I were looking for somewhere quiet in the French Quarter that wasn't touristy which served Gumbo and other "New Orleans" cuisine.

We found the perfect spot.

The place is gorgeous - exposed brick - hand drawings on the wall - very relaxed and romantic, and for a Friday at 8pm, was not that busy. We made reservations but would not have waited long had we not. It was also not expensive at all.

The food was really excellent. We ordered the Blue Cheese and Fig Torte as an appetizer and was one of the tastiest things we've ever had. However, be warned - this is a LARGE appetizer. It would have been more appropriate for a group of 3 or 4, but my wife and I (mostly I) managed to polish it off and leave room for the rest of the meal.

I ordered the Trio, and my wife the Gumbo. The Trio comes with Gumbo, as well as an incredible stuffed pepper and some beans and rice and was overall, a fantastic sampler of food. My wife said she wished she'd ordered that rather than just the Gumbo - but we shared so all was well.

The dessert was bread pudding - also great.

The service was good, the place was beautiful, and the food fantastic.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Eat. How ironic, that name. We didn't. Well we did enjoy the abject awkwardness of being ignored. The ice water was delicious. After twenty minutes of non service we walked out as did 3 other tables. I don't know what secret code you need to get service there. I'm not interested in finding it out.

2  Thank JRVallee