“Good food & service”

Add it.
Steve's Diner
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Since 2002, Steve's Diner, serving hot breakfast fare, awesome plate lunches made from scratch daily, sandwiches, Po-Boys & salads to downtown New Orleans.
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good food & service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I were in New Orleans last weekend for a business trip and decided to stop at downtown to spend the evening. We were trying to find a good place to eat dinner and we saw this restaurant. We decided to have dinner there and we were not disappointed. Service and food was good. Do not mind to go back again.

• Visited January 2013

Buffalo
“Food was okay, nothing special”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Food is okay, nothing special. Had the 15 piece shrimp platter.

Visited February 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Decent food. RUDE Employees.”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Steve's has been in New Orleans' CBD for quite some time... I know as long as I have been working down here, which is going on 12 years now.

The best thing about Steve's is that they offer a wide array of lunch options, from daily hot dishes, to deli sandwiches and salads, and all of it is pretty good food. The prices are okay and on par for what you see down here for lunch, about $10-$12 depending on what you get.

The WORST part about Steve's, bar-none, are the totally RUDE employees. A lot of the people working there have been with Steve for a long time as I can remember them from years ago at the old location on Gravier near Baronne. How these people have made it with him so long without being fired for their poor attitudes is beyond me, because I know I cannot be the first to have had bad experiences with them. I won't go so far as to say that every one of the employees is rude, because 1 or 2 of them at least make a small effort to be kind and helpful, but the rest are awful. This is the typical visit to Steve's:
* Walk up to counter, employees engaged in idle chit-chat and ignore you
* Patiently wait..... assuming one of them will notice you standing there
* More waiting
* Finally, someone looks up, gives you a look as though you're being a huge disruption to their conversation, and gruffly asks "Can I help you?"

You're left feeling like you're totally inconveniencing them to get waited on....... that has been my experience 9 times out of 10 when I go there. After my last visit during breakfast time, I walked off without getting anything and vowed to never return, and I haven't.

Steve looks to be a nice guy, but apparently lets his employees run roughshod over him. If you want to patronize one of his businesses, I would suggest Terrazu, which is a step up from the grub at Steve's and can actually boast friendly, helpful workers.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great home cooking”
Reviewed March 21, 2007

This is a great place for lunch. It's popular with office workers in the immediate area. There are plate lunches for those hungry for a full meal: an entree accompanied by 2 vegetables. There are salads for those dieting. Although I don’t know if the delicious grilled tuna with avocado salad is that low-calorie. There is usually a hot dessert to tempt one also. They serve breakfast, but my office is not close enough for me to say that I’ve eaten breakfast there. In general, this is home cooking and mainly guilt free. You can get your daily requirement of veggies here without trying hard. You can also get a burger or kosher hot dog with chili. Enjoy!