“Delicious”

Ranked #218 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Located right off the St. Charles streetcar line in the beautiful historic Garden District is the flagship location of VooDoo BBQ & Grill. Life’s too short for lousy BBQ. That’s why we craft New Orleans BBQ dishes that feed your soul. Like a Pulled Pork Sandwich worthy of your mom, and meat platters that have been known to elicit epiphanies. That’s what happens when you dry rub meat with Caribbean, Cajun, and Creole spices, then slow smoke it with oak and pecan.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This restaurant was within walking distance to our hotel. The food was excellent, and the portions are ample.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

A stop into Voodoo was the first meal my friend and I had in New Orleans. We went into the original St. Charles St location during the Krewe of Thoth parade and even in the busyness of the day, we had our tasty food and hurricanes in under 10 minutes. My friend and I shared the Graveyard Double platter and we were comfortably filled. I don't know what's in the sweet potato souffle, but it's probably best I don't know since yummy food is usually full of more butter or cream than I should be eating! Glen was an especially friendly staff member who was clearly proud of his city and happy to share a wealth of tips as we enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was not the best bbq we have ever had but it was a nice establishment. It was clean and decorated in that Cajun/creole feel. The employees were all very nice. You walk in and order at the counter, take a number and have a seat. The food came out quickly. It was decent portion sizes and everything we had was good. We shared the Cajun fries which were a good appetizer. I had a half rack of ribs which was tender and came right off the bones. My husband had grilled shrimp which he enjoyed. It was a nice bbq joint and we would go back.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband adored the pulled pork salad but I asked for turkey in my salad and received chicken. It was ok but I prefer Racinelli's for salad.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Ordered the 2 meat combo(16.95),no sides come with it which is a rip off,you get about six small baby back ribs and a hand full of brisket.I was there in 2010 and got almost twice the amount for less money.Will not be going back there.I think most restaurant owners don't care what they serve tourists,they know most won't be coming back to NOLA.