“Yum”

VooDoo BBQ & Grill - Uptown
Ranked #122 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Bar, American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located right off the St. Charles streetcar line in the beautiful historic Garden District is the flagship location of VooDoo BBQ & Grill. Voted by locals as one of the top BBQ restaurants in Gambit's annual "Best Of..." issue and known for dishes such as their pulled pork, which is cooked for 14 hours over oak and pecan wood and served with two sides and a piece of garlic-buttered Texas toast, as well as the corn pudding, which is a cornbread souffle baked with whole sweet corn. VooDoo BBQ & Grill is the sound, the soul, the taste of BBQ, New Orleans-style. Brisket, pork, chicken, gumbo, salads and burgers all with the spice and magic of Louisiana.
Victoria, Canada
“Yum”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

A stop into Voodoo was the first meal my friend and I had in New Orleans. We went into the original St. Charles St location during the Krewe of Thoth parade and even in the busyness of the day, we had our tasty food and hurricanes in under 10 minutes. My friend and I shared the Graveyard Double platter and we were comfortably filled. I don't know what's in the sweet potato souffle, but it's probably best I don't know since yummy food is usually full of more butter or cream than I should be eating! Glen was an especially friendly staff member who was clearly proud of his city and happy to share a wealth of tips as we enjoyed our meal.

• Visited March 2014

Ball, Louisiana
“Good BBQ, southern feeling, nice people”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

It was not the best bbq we have ever had but it was a nice establishment. It was clean and decorated in that Cajun/creole feel. The employees were all very nice. You walk in and order at the counter, take a number and have a seat. The food came out quickly. It was decent portion sizes and everything we had was good. We shared the Cajun fries which were a good appetizer. I had a half rack of ribs which was tender and came right off the bones. My husband had grilled shrimp which he enjoyed. It was a nice bbq joint and we would go back.

• Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Meh”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband adored the pulled pork salad but I asked for turkey in my salad and received chicken. It was ok but I prefer Racinelli's for salad.

Visited February 2014
“Expensive”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Ordered the 2 meat combo(16.95),no sides come with it which is a rip off,you get about six small baby back ribs and a hand full of brisket.I was there in 2010 and got almost twice the amount for less money.Will not be going back there.I think most restaurant owners don't care what they serve tourists,they know most won't be coming back to NOLA.

• Visited February 2014
Monroe, WI
“LOVE this place!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

If you are looking for a fabulous yet inexpensive New Orleans meal then head to the VooDoo BBQ and Grill. They have a wonderful menu! My favorite is the signature platter pork with sweet potato casserole and corn cake with a garlic toast. So delicious! Love this place!

Visited February 2014