“As good as I imagined”
Review of Dick & Jenny's

Dick & Jenny's
Reserve with OpenTable
Dick & Jenny's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #333 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Cross street: Jena
Transit: Located one block from the bus stop, and 10-12 blocks from the Street Car.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Dined on 1/5/13 and had no problem finding it. Parked on the street, around the corner 1 block away. The rest. entrance is on the side street, not the front. Wife had a salad and a lamb entree and was very pleased. I had the escargot app., which could have been a meal, as it was an entire bowlful, not just 6 little snails in individual containers. Then stuffed myself with flounder and risotto, leaving no room for dessert. Our fine waiter relayed stories of famous actors he had met recently and we enjoyed the casual atmosphere. The front room got a little loud when it was mostly full, but not too bad.

1  Thank slagerman

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Plenty o food to fill you up. We started with the duck confit salad and we were in love with it! I would go back just for that salad! I had the beef short ribs which came with goat cheese and thyme grits paired with brussels sprouts in browned butter. Only complaint is that the brussel sprouts were not done in browned butter. Browned butter has a distinct taste which I love and this was definitely NOT it. I am a foodie. I would imagine this is a place other foodies would like to try so I would think the chef staff would be careful to prepare the food as described so as to not disappoint the crazy particular folks such as myself. I love brussel sprouts and they were a big part of why I chose this dish over another offering. :/
Hubs had the duck confit and gator sausage dish which came with spaghetti squash and greens. My man went crazy for the greens and he is NOT a foodie - he barely pays attention to his food (awesome for me because I get to choose where we eat and he often takes my suggestions on his entree - which of course means that I get to try two things I want!!! I am a lucky girl!) so when he went nuts for these, I knew they were amazing.
I wish I had room to try the pistachio creme brûlée! I would have waaaayyy overdone it and it would have been bad for me so I stopped at completely and totally full. I would go back for sure! I would give a 4.5 star if I could for the sprouts but I'm not going to be that picky ; ) .

1  Thank KellyPO
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went to Dick & Jenny's a few weeks ago when I was visiting NOLA for the first time. This place was excellent! The service was great and the staff were really friendly. Food was delicious. We shared the appetizer platter and gumbo and it was all perfect. Since this was my first time in NOLA I wanted to try local, Southern fare and this hit the spot. While you need a car to get there, it's worth the trip!

2  Thank RachelBeth18
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This restaurant is approximately 3 miles or a 10 min cab ride from the quarter. My husband & I visited Dick & Jenny's based on the tripadvisor reviews. I had the gumbo of the day to start which was phenomenal. My husband had the Caesar salad which was not your traditional Caesar but very tasty. For dinner, he had & loved the Abita braised short ribs. I had & loved the vegetarian lasagna. Tasty food, good atmosphere... Really enjoyed myself!

1  Thank UMDKatie03
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went to Dick and Jenny's after a local recommended it to us. We were there on a Monday night and made reservations. The restaurant is cozy and comfortable. The staff was attentive and the food (we all ordered some version of seafood) was very good. Save room for dessert or get some to go--the chocolate chip cookie with fudge sauce is a treat!

1  Thank YankeeLynn