“Worth the wait and short trip”

Vincent's Italian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincent's Italian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 1,933 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
Cross street: Fern
Transit: If your looking to get out of the city and explore the historical St. Charles Ave, you can get on the street car and Vincent's is one stop before Carrolton Ave in the riverbend. The street car will stop in front of Vincent's on the corner of St. Charles Ave. and Fern St.
Charlotte
“Worth the wait and short trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

A short taxi ride (or bus/trolley ride) out of the city but definitely worth the little extra effort to get there. Being from NYC originally, it is very difficult to find authentic Italian food. But this place was probably the closest we have come to it. Had to wait a short time for our table but knowing now how great the food was, I would have waited twice as long. Artichoke appetizer and Bracialoni for my entree were excellent choices. And the BEST cannoli! Would DEFINITELY return again to try more menu items.

1 Thank cardscharlotte

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Good food, but not a good meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Five of us ate at Vincent's this evening. When we arrived for our 6:30 reservation, our table was waiting. The restaurant was crammed full, though, and extremely dark. We folded ourselves into our seats and our waiter appeared a few minutes later. He was not a good waiter - during the course of the meal, he forgot to bring beverages twice. We reminded him, he brought the drinks. The second time, he comped us the glass of wine he'd forgotten about. He also neglected to bring the soup that should have come with one of our entrees.

The spotty service and cramped, dark room defeated the food, which ranged from excellent (corn and crab bisque, arugula salad, duck confit ravioli) to pretty good (crab cake, house salad) to OK (spaghetti and meatballs, served in a red sauce that was overwhelmingly flavored with rosemary).

I should add that by the time we were done, the entire building was packed to the point that a fire marshal would likely have shut it down. Just walking to the men's room meant navigating through a sea of bodies, pressed against the wall, spilling out of the bar, and jamming the aisles...not a pleasant walk in near total darkness, and fraught with the peril presented by waiters carrying big trays full of hot food. Rather than eating dessert here, we went to Brocato's, which was excellent.

2 Thank sgsterne
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best Italian in NOLA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Vincent's has become our Christmas Eve dinner place!! The food is always terrific and the service is very solid. The place is very intimate and a little crowded, but in a good way (like with your BIG family during the holidays). It is not necessary to get dressed up to go. Jeans and button down are fine. I even saw a couple of people in shorts. We started out with the Artichoke Vincent which was very good. The corn and crab bisque in a bread bowl was out of this world! My lasagna was good, but my wife ordered the Seafood Mediallians and this was the star of the night! The sauce was amazing! Thank you for a great Christmas Eve dinner.

2 Thank Tommy A
“This is the Vincent's on Chastant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was our second visit to Vincent's and was absolutely great. We were celebrating my mother's birthday and the atmosphere was perfect. We started off with a bottle of champagne. My husband had the oyster and seafood casserole and I had the meatball appetizer. Both were great. The best meatball I've ever eaten. We all had salads (the bleu cheese vinagarette is awesome). My mom and husband had shrimp fettuccine and I had the crabmeat ravioli. Delicious and portions were huge. We all had go boxes. For dessert we shared creme brullee and a chocolate pie concoction that would put any diehard chocolate in heaven. Service is impeccable. Very attentive without hovering. Suggest reservations any time you go here as they are always busy. I was most impressed with the acoustics in the place. You can hear the piped in music but it does not interfere with your conversations. Vincent is always present and came by our table several times to ensure we were enjoying our meal. My new favorite Italian restaurant.

Bentonville, Arkansas
“Really Good - can't go back to Olive Garden again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

small place with a local vibe that really made for a great dinner during our vacation. i like Fettuccini Alfredo but never order it because it's not the healthiest thing one can order...but i did order here and was thrilled with what i was served. never going to be happy with my occassional splurge at the OG again. get reservations .

Visited November 2012