“Halloween Weekend Dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband had the JD Fish Ponchatrain, I had broiled redfish topped with crabmeat. Both portions were generous and we had more to eat the next day for lunch. Our friends had a seafood stuffed mushroom app. followed by a combo fried crawfish & catfish platter. They were very happy and also had enough for lunch the following day. We were also offered specials on beer but I opted for an Old Fashion. Let me tell you our server knew what she was doing when preparing my cocktail. Who cares about the decor when you have such simply wonderful food! If you want pretentious & fancy go some where else.This place is a GEM! We will diffintely return!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had always heard that this place was good...... It is ! The decor leaves alot to be desired, but the food makes up for it. We had onion rings, crab meat au gratin. fried catfish and stuffed trout, all great. Service was friendly, if unpolished.... Over all a great lunch.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

It was HUGE, thati was prepared for. But it wasn't great. Sorry guys, lovely people and we enjoyed their hospitality. Had the JD platter and it just wasn't in the league of good platters. Wouldn't recommend to my friends,

Reviewed August 18, 2012

It's a very simple-looking neighborhood seafood restaurant, but it's quite popular with the locals. I had the fried shrimp plate (with a side of coleslaw), my father had the fried catfish plate (with a side of French fries), and my sister had the crab salad. All of us were very satisfied with the food (about $9.95 for lunch). The waitress was friendly. I would recommend their baked macaroni, which is sort of their signature side item. Also, they've got a beer special- 5 Heinekens for $8.00, which is a good deal these days. RJT

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Jack Dempsys can be crowded, so call ahead for large crowds. It isnt unmanagable but be prepared to wait a little bit for your food. Kids will LOVE the mac n cheese if they dont like seafood. The seafood is the best in the city, and the poboys are good too. The price isnt terrible, but it isnt cheap. They give you generous amounts. The place is a little small and not in a great area, but it isnt a bar or nasty. Definitley would reccomend this place!