“Very unique entree's, all presented beautifully, but limited choices.”

Ralph's on the Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Ralph's on the Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Cross street: Between North Alexander & North Hennessey
Transit: Canal Street Streetcar - 5 blocks from restaurant.
Kenner, Louisiana
“Very unique entree's, all presented beautifully, but limited choices.”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I would have like to have seen more choices for entrees, with only having 8. Each were very uniquely prepared. The whole fried fish served at a nearby table was difficult for me to watch the person enjoy, with those eyes looking up at it's consumer!
The steak I had was topped with a crawfish sauce that was excellent. The barbequed shrimp were tasty, but messy to eat with the heads still being on.
My family chose to take me out for Mother's Day on the monday night afterward, when it was not so crowed. We were able to easily get reservations, and found the atmosphere appealing.

• Visited May 2013

California
“A bland exterior hides a culinary powerhouse”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My girlfriend booked us dinner at Ralph's based on positive reviews on Open Table and Trip Advisor, but for a while I found myself wondering if she had made a mistake. The restaurant is located quite some distance out of the historic old town and central business district where most of the well known restaurants are, and the place has a bit of a bland country club vibe -- kind of like where you'd take your grandmother because it was familiar and harmless. Though the clientele diversified as the evening went on, the majority of the patrons fit this stereotype: middle aged white folks in sport coats and country club attire. My reservations increased when the cocktails we ordered were generally sweet, bland and unremarkable -- this in a city known for its deep cocktail tradition.

All these misgivings went out the window in a hurry after the first glimpse and bite of the food. The plating is beautifully done, the flavors make your mouth sing, and the combinations of textures and ingredients are imaginative and original. My starter of tuna tartare prepared two ways was delicate and flavorful, while my girlfriend's crawfish salad with corn was terrific. My main course of the barbecued shrimp in creole sauce soaking into a chunk of French bread was a treat, but the real revelation of the evening was her main course of southern fried chicken with hush puppies. The chef took a simple comfort food standard and elevated it to a whole new level, by surrounding it with a savory sauce and bits of smoked ham, and topping it with shredded and crisped collard greens, all of which sent our tastebuds into nirvana.

Service was generally attentive and prompt, though it bogged down later in the evening as the Saturday night crowd reached full capacity, but not to a problematic level. They cautioned us there would likely be a wait on the taxi home, and were attentive to the fact that we waited outside several minutes, and came out to tell us they had called another cab for us.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“OUTSTANDING -Truly a New Orleans Treasure”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Many people forget about this wonderful historic restaurant along City Park Avenue overlooking City Park but keep it in mind for special occasions and especially during the Celebration in the Oaks at Christmas. It's not Downtown, in the French Quarter or Warehouse District but is certainly worth the drive. This Ralph Brennan's treasure is an excellent choice for fine dining, brunch on Sundays or a special event in one of the private rooms upstairs with a wrap around balcony overlooking City Park. My most recent trip was for Sunday brunch with the best Bloody Mary I have ever had. The vodka is infused with lemon basil with just the right amount of spice. The brunch menu is fantastic with a three course option offered on Sundays. As a special treat, sit in the bar area and be treated to piano music by non other than Joe Krown three days a way and always on Sunday. What a magical experience

1 Thank Angel T
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our family recently had brunch here for my daughters 21st birthday and we were very disappointed. The restaurant has a lovely setting but the food was not good! I had the crawfish eggs benedict and it was just awful. The dish was very very bland and the hollindaise was as thin as water......yuck! Several of us tried the potato soup and it was literally purée sweet potato with nothing added. My parents both had the pork with creamed spinach, the flavor was okay but the pork was way too tough. We live right here in New Orleans and with the array of delicious restaurants that we all love, I wish we would have decided on some other place for her special birthday.

1 Thank bpennerla
Closter, New Jersey
“We take Birthday's Seriously {she said}”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Before I give my emotional-based review I would like to point out that Ralph's Chef is amazing. The food is truly wonderful and there was absolutely nothing but perfection on my plate & my husband's plate

2+ months before arriving in NOLA I planned an Easter Sunday - 50th Birthday Dinner for my husband at Ralph's on the Park at a local friends suggestion. Excited that this year his birthday would fall on Easter Sunday I planned a surprise trip to NOLA and this was the first plans I made.

the gal that took my reservation was pleasant and extremely excited when I told her when I was coming and that my husbands birthday happened to fall on Easter Sunday - we discussed a table on the porch upstairs and assured me that Birthday's were "taken very seriously" at Ralph's and that he was sure to be treated special with special table linen's, etc.. I anxiously awaited our trip & really looked forward to celebrating at Ralph's

we arrived at 2:00pm and were greeted by a pleasant "enough" host who asked my last name and fiddled with the computer for about 5 minutes and said he would be right with us.. mid-wait for the table, he turned and said "oh, yes.. Happy Birthday" (so of course, I was very excited by this very unenthusiastic greeting) after about 10 minutes we were brought upstairs and seated next to the wall in the darkest part of the room behind a window shutter. When our waitress arrived and quietly said, " I was told I would be sitting on the porch, which was arranged prior to today" I was so nervous that the restaurant was crowded and there would be no room for us, but to my surprise when they brought us outside there were more than a few tables available. I tried not to let it get me down- the table they prepared had no "ribbon" as I was told months earlier over the phone.. Not a big deal,I guess..

Service was okay, the food as I said earlier was absolutely amazing and then dessert came.. No candle, no Happy Birthday, no little cake, no smile, nothing..

I kept it to myself because I did not want to show my disappointment to my husband. When the waitress arrived and asked how everything was - I told her it was delicious though I wish there would have been a candle for my husbands birthday..

and she said "oh, he'll get over it" :(

Dinner was great - a bit pricey $180 for 2 (yes, I still gave her a 20% gratuity) but if you ever want to celebrate your birthday at Ralph's PLEASE do not do it on a holiday.. you will definitely NOT have a Happy One..

You let me down Ralph's... BIG