“I ATTEST CRESCANT CITY IS THE BEST”

Crescent City Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Crescent City Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #491 of 2,018 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Description: Step back in time as you step through the door into our beautiful, tiled dining room where New Orleans’ original sizzling steaks have been served since the doors opened in 1934. We offer prime, dry-aged beef that is cut in-house and cooked to your desire as well as seafood options such as broiled lobster tail and salmon to name a couple. Our commitment to quality does not end in the kitchen. Our extensive wine list consists of over 130 bottles from around the world. Our bar offers a wide array of quality liquors and liqueurs including single malt and blended scotches, bourbons, whiskeys, vodkas, and gins to name a few. We even have a specialty cocktail list which includes the Crescent City Martini, a Vojkovich family favorite that is made with a delectable, Croatian liqueur. Crescent City Steaks has been owned and operated by the Vojkovich family since Mr. John first opened the doors over 75 years ago, and his spirit lives on through the essence of family that transcends everything we do. It is our tradition to treat and care for our customers as family, and what better way to do so than to provide an exceptional meal in an atmosphere that rivals the comforts of home. So, come in; have a seat; and, become part of the family at Crescent City Steaks, the home of New Orleans’ original sizzling steak.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I have traveled the United States through the many years and I have never had steaks anywhere nearly as excellent as Crescant City Steakhouse. I know they changed their butter recipe but still Crescant City to us will always be the best.

I am guessing that they have a machine that flame broils them on both sides at once but its just a guess......Love Crescant City.....Yes I have photos of us eating in hand the 3" bone....perhaps I shall come back and display the photo.....perhaps

1  Thank JudyKonos

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to the Crescent City Steakhouse with a group of friend for a "meeting". The service was top notch and food was great!!

2  Thank Captmark20
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Not the best staeks in the city, but dependable and inexpensive. Thinner cuts than one might expect for a steak house. SIdes all done well with 6 different potato offerings and lots of tradiotional staek house vegetable like creamed or sauteed spinach. Authentic New Orleans staek house atmosphere with lots of charm and family history on the walls,

1  Thank lilbanjo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Party of 4, we are from Chgo, NYC, Phila and Omaha. In town for 2 weeks and hitting the best NO has to offer. We prefer out of the way long established places and Crescent fit the bill. We know steak, and we were looking for the 'best'. It is a very clean, quaint place, very friendly attentive staff. We all ordered steaks. I had the ribeye. Disappointed right from the start when I was told it isn't 'bone in'. That's the only real ribeye in my opinion and for $26 I expected 1" to 1 1/2" bone in ribeye. What I got was about 1/2 to 3/4" flat grey looking piece of meat that was not 'prime' in my opinion - not Omaha or Chgo prime for very sure. So, I'm thinking they are over pricing based on 'prime' - but, I'm not accusing, just thinking. Everything was a la carte so the $26 steak became a $40 steak w a small salad, dry 'steak fries' (called German) and a delicious spinach salad. Won't go back, but we all agreed this place is way over hyped and would not survive 6mos in any of our home towns.

1  Thank JeremiahF
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My medium rare strip steak was perfectly cooked, tender and delicious. BUT...The star of the show was my wife's fillet mignon. The size of it was a real surprise, especially for the price we paid. Everything arrives sizzling hot on an equally hot plate and swimming in butter. If you don't like steak or butter, I'd suggest you go to Subway. Try a Martini with an anchovy-stuffed olive. Ask for 2 olives...maybe you'll get lucky. Our waiter was a champ.

1  Thank RichH60