“Old and Tierd and Frozen Seafood”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ralph & Kacoo's - CLOSED

Ralph & Kacoo's
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Decatur
Transit: 2 blocks from Jax Brewery is the stopoff for the Streetcar.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Old and Tierd and Frozen Seafood”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Let me start by saying I have dined at this establsihment for many years and the food used to be wonderful. However on this most recent visit, I was very disappointed. The appetizer combo was not flavorful and very bland. The fried green tomatoes were awful...no flavor and not homemade ....the entree was shrimp brochette which was so lacking in presentation and flavor. I am sorry to say that would not go back again. There are too many other restaurants that serve far superior food than this.

1 Thank phxaztraveler

Fresno, California
“OMG what an awesome place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Without a doubt, one of the very best restaurants I have ever been too. Their oysters were the best I've ever had. Fresh and sweet, man they were so good. Ordered their special which was a pile of blackened catfish fillets covered with an amazing sauce that included shrimp and crawfish and crab. The blackened catfish was cut thin which gave the two flavors a perfect balance. My goodness it was the very best fish entrée I have ever eaten in my life, no kidding.

On top of that the service we received from Liz, our server, made our dining experience perfect.

When I return to The Big Easy this will be the first place I go too.

Toronto, Canada
“My first experience with gator”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went over to Ralph and Kacoo's for a Friday night dinner as I was looking for a place to try gator. I had half and half fried/blackened gator with a wedge salad and side of cajun rice. Everything was really good but I think I'd get the gator all blackened and do without the fried the next time.

My girlfriend had the lobster and while it was pretty good, it wasn't $59 good. Some confusion about the market price they told us over the phone so it turned out $20 more expensive than we were expecting. A tiny bit disappointed that there was nothing they could do due to their misinformation but our server was really nice and helpful nonetheless.

Great chocolate desert afterwards filled us up pretty well and then we headed home to pass out!

I'm not sure I'd go back but there wasn't anything particular bad about it. Just a bit of an older crowd (perspective: we're 27 and 29) and the food wasn't a 10/10. For our most expensive meal in New Orleans I expected a bit more.

• Visited April 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
“Delicious Steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The New York Strip at Ralph's was tasty -- very high quality; the twiced baked potato was good, as well. My daughter had the fried chicken tenders on the kid's menu, and the quality of the chicken was very good, indeed. They brought out some rolls/bread/hush puppies before dinner. Nice and pleasant restaurant. Waitstaff pleasant, as well. This place would be great for a group,, a couple, or family.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JewelsAiken_SC
East Lansing, Michigan
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were here on a cold night in NOLA and our waiter was very kind and welcoming as we came in from the cold outside. Food was good, wine was tasty. My husband had a red fish special that was great. I had eaten fried food for lunch so I ordered the seafood salad with crab. It was good - but his dinner was better. The complimentary hushpuppies tasted great to me but being from Michigan, I don't have a lot experience comparing them to hushpuppies other places. I just know if I lived in the south, I would eat these all the time and be huge :)