“Its a bar, a dive with strong drinks and excellent hamburgers.”
Review of Port of Call

Port of Call
Ranked #65 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Newnan, Georgia
“Its a bar, a dive with strong drinks and excellent hamburgers.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We walked down from our B&B at about 9:00 at night. People were lined out the door and into the street. Inside was wall to wall people around the bar. Gave our name to the hostess and were informed of a 30+ minute wait. Had a drink at the bar, a Goombay Punch. They do not skimp on the contents. The average age of patrons was probably in the mid 20's including a group celebrating one of the girl's 21st birthday...hard. After 35 mintues we were seated. The menu is very sparse, hamburgers and three different steaks. No fries, just a baked potato as a side. We had the cheeseburger, it was excellent! A great experience in N.O., a local pub that has made good staying true to its origin. Limited offerings, but what they do is first class. Once we got back to the B&B we told the manager we had to wait 30 minutes. Being a weekday we were fortunate as 60 to 90 minutes is the norm!

“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

After walking through the French Market, we came here and the burger, potato, and cold drinks really hit the spot. I wish they had a burger place like this where I live. Try the burger medium-well.

Bronx, NY
“Great Place!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is a local secret and a God send for me. Finding food for a vegitarian in New Orleans is not easy. Although I don't eat meat my friends do and they loved the burgers. I had a loaded potato which was gigantic and delicious. The Monsoons are really good (and strong) too!

1 Thank mabeena
Baytown, Texas
“Best Burger ever”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Yes it is a bar. A small crowded bar--nothing fancy, nothing spectacular as far as looks go. however, this was THE best hamburger we've ever eaten. And we're from Texas where we eat out ALOT.
I would go back to NOLA just for this hamburger!!!
Juicy, cooked perfect, and flavorful. And for an added bonus, its served with a baked potatoe! I mean come on! it was awesome & very unexpected. This place was reccomended by one of the bike taxi guys. He was right on point. We will for sure visit this place again.

Venice, Italy
“Okay”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I heard this place had the best burgers in town. While I did enjoy it, I wasnt' blown away. Canned mushrooms on the burger was a disappointment. I asked for medium and was more on the well done side. I'll give it another shot!

Visited June 2013