“Quite a pleasant surprise !!”

Louisiana Pizza Kitchen French Quarter
Reserve with OpenTable
Louisiana Pizza Kitchen French Quarter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,013 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were in the French Quarter looking only for a "snack" in the afternoon so as not to interfere with our appetite for dinner, and luckily happened upon the Louisiana Pizza Kitchen. I ordered the corn and seafood bisque, which was excellent. The ciabatta garlic bread was also a "hit" with everyone at the table. I tasted my wife's chicken and andouille sausage gumbo, which was also tasty. A friend got a pizza which she said was surprisingly good. We enjoyed our "snack" so much, we returned there again a few afternoons later, and enjoyed the bisque, garlic bread, and gumbo once again. This restaurant is a lot more than a pizza kitchen.....don't miss it !!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My companion and I discovered Louisiana Pizza Kitchen largely by accident (pun intended). We were staying at our normal French Quarter hotel, Le Richelieu, and had great, detailed plans for three days of gastronomic experiences in the Crescent City. Unfortunately, I managed to injure my foot shortly after arrival at Jackson Square and found that I had lost considerable mobility. This was very frustrating as I normally walk all over the Quarter from one end to the other. Suddenly Plan A was out. Plan B was in effect. We needed to find dining experiences close to our lodging.

Luckily, the front desk at Le Richelieu had a number of good suggestions for nearby restaurants. I was familiar with most of their suggestions, but not all. We heard a lot of very positive comments about Louisiana Pizza Kitchen in particular.

It was well past normal lunch hour, so we were ready to have a good meal and we wanted it without further delay. LPK seemed to fit the bill. It came highly recommended and it was only two blocks away.

Our impressions of LPK were positive from the very beginning. The restaurant had curb appeal and the appeal was further enhanced by the presence of an outdoor dining area (unfortunately, the weather was too cool for this option). We needed to dine inside. Two staff members gladly helped us get a wheelchair through a non-handicap accessible entrance. They also assured us that they would help us back out after lunch—even if we were “bad” tippers.

We found the restaurant interior to be interesting in design and a “feel good” kind of place. We were seated immediately. Service was prompt and efficient throughout.

My companion and I uncharacteristically ordered identical meals. We started with the Ciabatta Garlic Bread, progressed through Chicken and Andouille Gumbo, and ended with Crawfish Etouffee. The only moment of departure came with beer selection. She selected a popular local beer, an Abita. I went with my traditional Miller Lite.

All of our selections were tasty and the pattern of good, better, and best applies to our food as we tasted it. The bread was good, the gumbo better, and the etouffee best of all.

We gave consideration to pizza, but neither of us was really in the mood at that particular moment. With the wisdom of hindsight, though, we probably made a mistake in not ordering one of their pizzas. They built their reputation on pizza and not on the dishes we ordered.

Our rather impromptu lunch experience was quite enjoyable. We are definitely interested in a repeat visit to LPK during a future trip to New Orleans. A specialty pizza will likely be at the top of our list next time.

1  Thank ColonelDoctorDennis
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place has great pizza and also sells olive oil with different spices in it. The service was good
and they made accomodations for a large group at the last minute. We were able to get whole wheat thin crust and the ingrediants were fresh. The salads are also very good. The olive oil we bought is excellent. It was a nice change from the regular restaurants we usually go to.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I think our experience was very related to our server. There were only 2 other people in the place and we waited over 30 minutes for a pizza and calzone. We added ricotta cheese to our calzone and it was served with a ramekin of COLD ricotta on the side. My husband asked why it was on the side and the server responded "I didn't tell the chef in time…plus, I thought it would be safer on the side so you wouldn't burn yourself". I guess he didn't think to ask us if that was ok once he realized it was being cooked and before he brought it to our table. I thought it was rude to not even apologize after he knew we we're disappointed. He did have the manager take off 15% "that should make you happy". Not sure if he was clueless or rude. As for the food, they pizza was more of a cracker crust (super thin and a bit crunchy). Toppings were fresh and there were lots of choices.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the perfect place for getting a great pizza and is easy on the wallet. Pizza selections are extensive but the menu includes a variety of other,Italian meals and wraps for those wanting something different. We stuck to the pizza and loved it! Service equaled the food. They have a web site which includes their menu.