“Reasonably good food did not make up for extremely slow service.”
Review of Olivier's Creole Restaurant - CLOSED

Olivier's Creole Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: One of the great restaurant families of New Orleans, the Olivier family comes from a culture known the world over for its Creole cuisine. Whether you prefer traditional classics or innovative delights, we provide it for you at Olivier's in the French Quarter.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Ill start with the positives-
The crab stuffed ravioli was the best thing we tried. A nice mild flavor and the sauce with shrimp and crawfish complemented the crispy ravioli very well. A word of advice- there are only 3 large raviolis so definitely not enough to share.

The gumbo sampler was a nice taste of 3 decent but not spectacular soups. The rest of our table was satisfied with the veggie pasta, mushroom ragout and shrimp scampi. Again, nothing that stood up to expectations. However, The rabbit that came very highly recommended was mediocre at best.

The service is where they really dropped the ball- waters empty for the last 30 mins of the meal, food took well over an hour to arrive. But it was when it was time for the check things really went downhill. We were with a group of 7 and they do not split checks. We had to divide costs for credit cards and then discovered they added an additional $70 in charges. We waited 10 mins for the corrected check and another 10 for them to charge the cards... I was beyond tired and irritated by the time we were able to escape.

Food was Not worth the hassle or the sizable cost for the entrees.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate here last year for dinner and loved the daily It was a nice change from all the fried choices I'd been eating! We started with the egg plant Olivier and were also served "lost bread" which is sweet and dense. We shared these and then enjoyed some great redfish sautéed and served with seasonal vegetables. The wait staff was friendly and casual and we like the small quiet atmosphere of a place off the beaten path in a city with large expensive established eateries.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Four of us visited during a recent trip to NOLA and went here upon the recommendation of the concierge at our hotel.

While we all agreed that the cornbread and honey was to die for, we had mixed feelings on the rest of the meal.

My husband and I ordered the BBQ Shrimp and Rosemary Biscuit appetizer and thought it was very good, with a sweet and spicy sauce - perfect for dipping the cornbread! We weren't really used to getting the shrimp in it's whole shell though and it was a pretty messy task to get it peeled.

I had the Shrimp Creole and thought it was fabulous! Others tried the triple sampler and the pork medallions and were less than impressed, especially with the "etouffee," which was mostly corn, lima beans and crawfish - no rice or rue - not what was expected.

For the cost of our meal, which included two entrees, a shared appetizer and a couple of beers/glasses of wine each, - around $120 + tip - we could have found something better.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you're looking for a nice French Quarter restaurant, there are others much better than Olivier's. While the atmosphere and service were excellent, the food was poor. First, there were no salads/greens on the menu. That was disappointing. Second, the New Orleans fish sampler I had was worse. My dish was an assortment of Gulf fish, including shrimp which tasted no different than the other heavily corn-meal-breaded fried fish on my plate. Maybe I chose the wrong entrée but looking around the restaurant at other plates, I probably made the best choice among several less appetizing looking entrees.

2  Thank MIkeNowa
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Let me start by saying that the cornbread is, in fact, excellent. We had a reservation and we were seated upstairs at a table for 6. The entire upstairs portion of the restaurant was completely empty when we arrived (7pm) which should have been a clue. The wait staff was bored (at best) and seemed put off by the hostess putting us upstairs. I had the Creole Rabbit and it was passable, but nothing to write home about. It came out warm, rather than actually hot and I was told that it was supposed to be served that way....um, ok. There are much better restaurants in New Orleans than this one.

1  Thank David L