“Service and food were amazing! ”
Review of Bourbon House

Bourbon House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #234 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Iberville Street
Description: Dickie Brennan’s Bourbon House is all about local seafood. If it’s not in season, you won’t find it on the menu. Enjoy authentic New Orleans dishes at New Orleans' premier oyster bar and seafood restaurant.
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We arrived only 30 minutes before closing, but our server was more than happy to help us out. The drinks were great and the food was fantastic! The jambalaya with roasted chicken was great, as was the charbroiled oysters!

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,054)

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

So we intended to eat elsewhere but the line was just too long. The oysters here are amazing. They season with this butter garlic seasoning that is delicious. The oysters came out piping hot. I actually went back again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 11, 2018

Every time that we are in New Orleans, we go to dinner here. Make sure that you make reservations. We highly recommend the bourbon milk punches, charbroiled oysters, and crab fingers. Amazing. Ask for a table near the windows - it is great for people watching on Bourbon Street without being in the middle of the crowd. Great service and a great atmosphere. We will return again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 10, 2018

We were staying at the attached hotel (Astor Crowne Plaza) and we stopped in here every day because we fell in love on our first visit. The VoodDoo Child is an exquisite and refreshing drink - it's highly recommended.

I'm a huge oyster fan, so I got a half dozen oysters each time. They were the best oysters I've had in a long time. Very plump and filling. They oyster bar is also a neat place to sit. You get to see the shuckers prepare right in front of you. If Shaq is working, be sure to chat him up. He's funny and knowledgable.

My party all enjoyed the gumbo and the crab & corn soup as they aren't oyster fans. If you like oysters - you gotta check this place out.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

just tried to say I had eaten at another Brennan's restaurant (supposedly New Orleans's premier restaurant family), bartenders were busy chit-chatting & drinking something from paper cups with plastic lids (if it were my restaurant no consumption in front of guests allowed), not even a thank you after I paid my tab still too busy chit-chatting, reported found passport to host staff & told them about no thank you & they did not seem to care