“Good Location, Good Food”
Review of Bourbon House

Bourbon House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bourbon House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 1,997 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Iberville Street
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Overall, this is a fun, family-friendly (early) place to eat. The prices are fairly reasonable and the portions are generous. We really enjoyed the fresh seafood appetizer and both the taste and value were excellent. We did not care for the cheese plate because of its accompaniments. The shrimp platter was also very large and the price OK. My mother, not being a member of the seafood-loving group, ordered a wedge with chicken, which was generous, reasonably priced and well flavored.

The kids' meals are pretty bare, be forewarned. However, the kids really liked the bread and butter, so they had plenty to eat. More than anything, the service stood out above the rest. Our waitress was phenomenal.

Our son fell asleep on his chair, head on the seat. She offered to get linens for him so we could put him on the window seat instead. She didn't blink at the knives our daughter lost to the floor while buttering her bread, but just handed her another one. The bus staff was just as nice.

You can hear the music outside and see the crowds pretty well. I highly recommend sitting upstairs by the windows if you can. Overall, this was an enjoyable, tasty experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,696)

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Ate lunch here two days in a row while in NOLA. Plan was to go to Acme which is right by it but there was a line. And to be honest, Acme had low ceilings, was dark and looked a little Bubba Gump chain to me. Bourbon House was a huge open space and looked much more upscale. Both days we sat at raw bar right away. Had a waitress, bartender and the raw bar guys checking in on us. Prices were good. Oysters were huge. Even an extra one or two on the plate. Po boy and fries were excellent. Glad we split that. If you have any room left, get the bourbon milkshake.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My fiancee treated me to dinner on my 30th birthday at the Bourbon House. We eat at restaurants quite often, but aren't the type to go all-out "fancy" very often. The waiters and waitresses were very friendly and the food was beyond amazing! I recommend the Crab Fingers appetizer. They were delicious!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Some other TA reviewers have ordered odd items off the menu & been dissatisfied. Order Cajun or seafood - that's why you're here.
My husband has eaten raw & chargrilled oysters all over US - east coast, west coast, gulf, multiple locales in NOLA. These were the largest & richest he's ever had. Sit at the bar & chat with shuckers. Lots of fun.
I don't eat raw oysters, but had a phenom salad - French Market with grilled shrimp. Highly recommend. Gumbo was good, but rue was lighter than my preference.
Fun speciality cocktail list with regional theme. Good bartenders.
Bustling, lively atmosphere. Very enjoyable experience!

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The wait was 40 minutes to be seated. The gumbo was average. I expected more from restaurant in New Orleans. The oysters were OK, but the caviar topping was a nice touch. The overall dining experience was not worth the wait or the price. The seating next to the window was nice and offered people watching opportunities.