“Gotta try if you love steak. $$$$$$”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #467 of 2,044 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: North Peters
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was prepared to not like Morton's b/c it's a chain, but was pleasantly surprised to find it was a great experience. The food was so good; the smell was tantalizing when we first sat down. Went for our anniv. and they had confetti on table, personalized menus, and took a photo that they put in a paper frame for us; all very nice. The service was good, no complaints. The cocktail I had was the best I've ever had. The food was excellent; cannot think of anything they could have done better. We like to try upscale places on occasion and Morton's does not disappoint. It is, I might add, VERY expensive.
Also, I like fine dining, but not snobby places and did not have to deal with that here.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We did happy hour here on a Wednesday night. The bar bites are six or seven dollars. We got four for a party of three and it made a very nice, inexpensive, light dinner. The happy hour is over at 6:30.. This place is in a mall, though you wouldn't know it from the inside, and we walked around the mall afterward. The mall closes earlier than you would expect, so that was fast, and we then walked up and down the river walk.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Incredible food and Service. First class all the way! Downside is your going to pay for it! $$$$$$$

Reviewed May 3, 2012

I went with my husband to celebrate our anniversary. I order a salad (because nothing in the menu looked good to me) and mu husband ordered shrimp. I got 5 pieces of lettuce with blue cheese and pecans and he got 4 shrimps. I had a side of mashed potatoes and he had a side of some potatoes with cheese. We paid $95 for the worst salad (I could've make that at home) and he said the shrimps were good but 4 shrimps really? We left hungry.

1  Thank Karla M
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Had yet another great meal at Morton's. This place never disappoints, the filet's are awesome and the desserts are just as good.

If you have never spent the extra $$ and gone to Morton's, you should give it a try.