“Had to try a lucky dog”
Review of Lucky Dogs

Lucky Dogs
Ranked #486 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Last time I was in New Orleans I didn't get one but friends were raving about how good they were. I ended up trying a creole sausage with everything and let me tell you it was great. It was so good I went online at home to see if they could ship them to me here in Mass but they don't sell the dogs online.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Honestly it's not fair for me to review this as I did not actually eat the hot dogs. The workers appear dirty, the cart was filthy and although it might be the only option in the middle of the night...I would rather starve.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ever since I read (and re-read) Confederacy of Dunces, I always said that when I was in New Orleans I would eat at a Lucky Dog. In the novel, they're called Paradise Hot Dogs but you can tell that he's talking about Lucky Dogs. I finally got around to it a couple of weeks ago on a business trip. Very good hot dog. Not the best I've ever had (I live in Illinois so I'm partial to Portillo's) but for the charm and nostalgia, it was great.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

It's a freaking hotdog, nothing special about them at all. They taste fine but not any different than a typical roller dog you can get in 5, 000 gas stations for a lot less money.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The good old Lucky Dog. Never miss having a few while in NOLA. This may not be healthy eating, but forget about that. They're great, and reasonable. you van't miss the. They're everywhere. Enjoy!!