“Worth the wait”

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #84 of 1,946 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Dallas, Texas
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place is legendary, so the line to get in is always out the door and down the block. Our group (of 20 ppl) waited in line for maybe an hour, but it was a fun wait. We got drinks from the bar to bring outside for our waiting time. When we were seated, we were in the back dining room and two adjacent tables. Server was great - char grilled oysters are a must try! Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Florida
“Kind of let down”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Planned a visit here for my po boy craving, having dined here in the past my expectations were high.
I started with the boo fries which were good but maybe a tad too salty.
Then I had "the peacemaker" which is a po boy with fried oysters and shrimp.
I was disappointed. It didn't have the Super fresh taste that I remembered and they were a little heavier on the hot sauce than I recalled.
My friend had the char grilled oysters and said they were to die for, she also gave high marks to the raw oysters.
So I would say if it's oysters you want this is THE place but maybe not the place for shrimp.

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Delicious--Sit at the oyster bar!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The line for Acme was pretty long so I didn't care that they seated us at the oyster bar. I'm so glad that they did. The guys behind the bar opening up the oysters are your waiters and they talk to you the whole time. They are so nice, down to earth, and are so fun. They give you recommendations on what to eat and how to eat it and what to do while in New Orleans. I had never had oysters before (I DO NOT EAT RAW)...but I got convinced to eat the char-grilled oysters and oh my goodness, beyond delicious! I also got a poboy and the pecan cobbler dessert. The pecan cobbler is warm with ice cream on top. I could eat that forever. This place is a must go! Not expensive either!

• Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Love the food!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Had Oysters on the half shell and Oysters Rockafeller, gumbo, fried platter.. Ohh and BOO FRIES!! The boo fries are amazing, Wish our server had been in a better mood, but everything else was awesome!

Visited January 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Fresh Oysters!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Great food and service. Worth the hype. Get the oyster shooters! Full bar, made a mean hurricane too!