“Charbroiled Goodness”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #75 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Acme is a major tourist joint in the French Quarter, usually with a line out the door for lunch and dinner... so, get ready to experience a crazy popular place. Also be ready to enjoy the best chargrilled oysters in the French Quarter! Yum! Even those in our group that don't like oysters, liked these! I also thought the gumbo and Po'Boys were good. Only thing I couldn't recommend is a hurricane-- man, they have no idea how to make a good one of these!

Note: I've read the reviews complaining about their pricing, and wonder where these people eat in the French Quarter that isn't pricey?!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,485)

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The outside line can get quite long.... not a good thing in the rain. Very busy place. Noisy. Not a romantic place. Did like the charbroiled oysters.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

The charbroiled oysters were good. The soups really sucked. Gumbo sucked. Overall it's just a fried seafood place. And the prices are really high. I wouldn't go back. $80 for my wife and I after tip. The worse meal in NOLA so far.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We went there our first night. It was late but still busy. The balcony doors were open with a nice breeze. I had raw oysters and they were huge. Very good service.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I used to enjoy coming here, but this week was average at best. Typical line on the sidewalk, with work ongoing outside. Oysters on the half shell were good, but fried platter was just average - batter for shrimp better than for oysters. Seemed like a cattle car mentality. This was probably our least favorite meal all week.

Been to Acme Oyster House? Share your experiences!