“Excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #84 of 1,932 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Okotoks, Canada
“Excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Having read all the reviews we had to visit this restaurant whilst in New Orleans. The chargrilled oysters were recommended so that is what we all ordered! We were not disappointed at all. With a side of jambalaya and a pitcher of beer, it was a great meal.
Great atmosphere and great service.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Savannah, Georgia
“HEAVEN ON EARTH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

There was a hour 1/2 wait but boy was it worth it. The food was excellent. Must try the debris po boy and the oysters. Great portions! Great service.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Still Dreaming about the Oysters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Calling all Oyster lovers. OMG!!! I am not really a fan of cooked oysters. Love them raw with a cold beer. But I decided to step outside of the box while dining at Acme and can I tell you. I still long to taste their grilled oysters. I have never heard of grilled oysters. I found myself eating them every so carefully to allow my taste buds a chance to dissect the ingredients for me to duplicate at home. They were the bomb!!!!! We went on a Thursday night so we did not encounter the lines we saw the following night.

• Visited July 2013
“If you have to pick one place pick here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I always try to eat seafood when next to the coast and this is about as good as it gets!

The crawfish, fish and oysters are out of this world. I've been several times and would tell you to go and it is worth the wait!

• Visited September 2012
“Charbroiled Oysters are where its at”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My fiancé and I were looking for somewhere to eat the night of our wedding that was uniquely New Orleans and decided to give Acme Oyster House a try.When we arrived we were a little worried about the line that was down the street, but we only waited about 10 minutes and they sat all 8 of us no problem. I was excited to see Tabasco products on the table and the checkerboard table cloths, this is what we expected a New Orleans oyster house to be. We ordered a little of everything, Charbroiled oysters, fried crab claws, seafood humber, raw oysters and crab cakes. It was all amazing but I must say that the charbroiled oysters were one of the best things that I have ever eaten. The service was also amazing, our waiter took the time to walk us through the menu and make multiple suggestions that we were glad we listened to. Even when we were leaving, I took my youngest over to the bar where they were shucking oysters. She couldnt see very well so they took her around the back of the bar and let her stand beside them, she was extremely excited. I would love to go back each and every day.

• Visited July 2013