“Long Wait, But Well Worth It!”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #82 of 1,979 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was attending a Jazz Festival with our University Jazz Band and this restaurant was highly recommended. We were told there would be a long wait, and there was (about 2 hours), but the food was wonderful! Once we got in, we were seated quickly and our food arrived piping hot and delicious! The portion sizes were huge! The service was wonderful as well and I would definitely go there again if I was in the area. They do not have outdoor seating, but I wasn't about to mark terrible on a review of this great place.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place was recommended by many people. I must say that I am glad that I tried it. Never ate oysters before but I am sure glad that they were charbroiled the first time I ate them. Yum!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Our first night in New Orleans we ate here and though we has to wait 45 minutes to be seated, it was worth it. Best chargrilled oysters and soft shell crab meal. Everything my party ordered was delicious.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The restaurant was packed with a long line outside when we arrived around 2 PM, but we were able to sit at the bar immediately. This was a great place to sit. I ordered the fried crawfish po'boy, and the sandwich was huge and piled high with crawfish. It was so big that my husband had to help me eat it. He ordered gumbo that was also very tasty.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We Ate Lunch At 1Pm On Wednesday And Had To Wait In A Short Line.Be careful When The Hostess Asks About Seating Preference, Because first available Could mean Sharing Your Table With Strangers (I.e Picnic Style).We Were Fine With That, Except We Shared Our Table With A Loud Obnoxious Person.
The Corn Lobster Bisque Was To Die For, The Fried Oyster Plate ($20.95) Was Yummy.The Bananas Foster Cheesecake Was Good Too, And Service Was Very good.
Not Sure If It Was Worth Waiting In Line For 20 Mins, But Worth A Try on A Slow Day.

Been to Acme Oyster House? Share your experiences!