“Yummy!”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #83 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I love oysters and the place to go in New Orleans for oysters is Acme. Everything we had was great - fresh oysters on the half shell, grilled oysters (grilled oysters with parm. cheese and garlic) and crawfish hush puppies. I also ordered the etouffee and it wasn't that great. It was ok, but not spectacular. We would definitely go back.

One tip - Go early!! Everyone starts lining up along Iberville around 5-6pm to get in. We go there at 3:45-4pm and got sat right away.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I loved the charbroiled oysters, but the fresh oysters were very muddy but is not only here, I notice it everywere we had fresh oysters I even asked the waiter but he couldn't answer me,but overall the food is good also a must when you come to NOLA.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had the chargrilled oysters and the fried peace-maker po-boy, I was not a fan of oysters until I had them here!! Wonderful atmosphere, get there before 6 or you'll have to wait in a long line. Not to be missed!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Service was great and food was on the mark! Boo Fries are yummy. Shrimp Po'boy ws well done, good flavor and the right amount of lettuce and tomato. Friends enjoyed the red beans and rice. It's a little loud, but not distracting.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Very effecient and fast service, The cleanest oysters in town, The Chargrilled are the best I've had in town too. second time eating here and never a grity oyster. I'll be back every time I come to town.

Been to Acme Oyster House? Share your experiences!