“Excellent choice in New Orleans ”
Review of The Pelican Club

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Exchange Place
Description: The Pelican Club, offering a wide range of fabulous New Orleans dishes, consists of three dining rooms and a large bar fashioned from a handsome, 19th-century French Quarter townhouse, rising from the corner of Bienville Street and Exchange Place in the heart of the French Quarter. Owner, Richard Hughes, and his wife, Jean Stinnett-Hughes, transformed a neglected architectural gem into a welcoming restaurant decorated in a crisp blend of traditional and contemporary. Each room has its own ambiance, created with such diverse elements as burnished Louisiana cypress, contemporary paintings by New Orleans artists, antique prints, and the dramatic contrast of black-leather banquettes against cream-colored brick walls. Such an atmosphere is sure to make your meal feel like a truly New Orleans experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been there for a business team gathering, and totally recommend The Pelican Club. Great food and drinks. Service is awesome.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (971)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Restaurant week was fabulous. I had the baked oysters and I would have eaten the shells too if I could. I followed that up with the curry with tofu. We passed on desert because most of the selections contained nuts.
Other than that we would definitely return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We discovered this restaurant on my first visit to NOLA, where we stayed at the Monteleone. It was suggested we visit this fine restaurant, and luckily for us, it was Restaurant Week, long ago, and because we were not in the money at the time, this fit us perfectly. And little did we know at the time that we would return year after year to our favorite restaurant in NOLA. We have eaten at the very best in NOLA, and we return to The Pelican Club because the service is perfect, the food sublime, and the menu completely varied and creative for all tastes. The costs are moderate, especially compared to newer restaurants, and I beg you to check out the menus of these newer places and the older ones too and you will see how special the menu and prices are at The Pelican Club. Although we now live in CA, whenever we return to the City, we will always dine at our favorite restaurant, The Pelican Club.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got there at 6:30 and everything started out very well. This was New Orleans Restaurant week wit a $39 3 course prix fixe - great value. Lots of choices: the escargot was just fair. As the place filled up it was difficult to get the attention of the waiter. Took forever to get the bill and then to get it back.

Reviewed August 31, 2019

I do not appretiate arriving at my reserved time on time and having to wait 15 minutes to be seated and then wait an additional 30 minutes to get a drink. We were a good hour into our time when they got around to accepting our orders for food. The menu is good but not great compared to most other locations in the French Quarter and you can find much better in the neighborhoods. All 7 of us enjoyed our meals but the food was just a little above average and the service was poor. My friends will need to drag me back here kicking. The deserts were outstanding.

Date of visit: August 2019