“Very fancy place - great but not incredible food”
Review of The Pelican Club

The Pelican Club
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pelican Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,998 Restaurants in New Orleans
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: Exchange Place
Description: The Pelican Club, offering a wide range of fabulous New Orleans dishes, consists of three dining rooms and a large bar fashioned from a handsome, 19th-century French Quarter townhouse, rising from the corner of Bienville Street and Exchange Place in the heart of the French Quarter. Owner, Richard Hughes, and his wife, Jean Stinnett-Hughes, transformed a neglected architectural gem into a welcoming restaurant decorated in a crisp blend of traditional and contemporary. Each room has its own ambiance, created with such diverse elements as burnished Louisiana cypress, contemporary paintings by New Orleans artists, antique prints, and the dramatic contrast of black-leather banquettes against cream-colored brick walls. Such an atmosphere is sure to make your meal feel like a truly New Orleans experience.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was definitely the finest dining facility we ate at during a week of being in the French Quarters. It was definitely the most expensive place we ate at all week. I enjoyed my meal, as did our group, but we were not Wow-ed by it, like we were other restaurants. They definitely try very hard to put on a classy, first-class impression. While we were there, there were many business associates eating together and meeting, and it seemed very conducive to that. The service was actually quite outstanding. For me and my taste, I wasn't Wow-ed enough to go back when I return to the area.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you like seafood, you'll like this place! I don't like seafood so I had the filet. It was pretty tasty. A couple of coworkers had the fish with shrimp and they liked it, one had the tofu and liked it as well, but the portion was HUGE! Another had the lobster ravioli and the portion was tiny! I have the crème brulee for dessert and it was delicious!
The homemade bread was really wonderful, too!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Sometimes you get trapped at a fancy looking restaurant in the French Quarter and for $45 a person it's completely disappointing. Luckily, the Pelican Club will not let you down. The prices are a bit high, but so is everything in the French Quarter. Their bisque is a great way to start your meal. Other appatizers are good, not unbelievable. They have a nice selection for the main course. I had the duck, three ways which was some of the best restaurant duck I've ever had. Their bread pudding dessert is a little to wet but the overall meal was great. The service was friendly and helpful, but it's not the quickest meal you will eat. I'll gladly go back next time in town.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hosted a business dinner for 40 people. They have a nice space in the back of the restaurant. The room was very noisy but the food was very good. The best gumbo I had all week.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We ended up here based on a concierge suggestion when our other first picks were booked up and this ended up being a huge blessing in disguise. Pelican Club deserves a much higher ranking - great food, first class service, and lovely ambiance. Loved everything about this meal and experience!