“No taste”

Superior Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Superior Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #304 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed September 27, 2012

$27 for fajitas and one coke?? This really is the only tex-mex place in New Orleans and Baton Rouge that I could find. Both places have a great atmosphere but the food is lacking in taste. I had Fajitas at both locations and they sucked. The meat was cut with the grain making it difficult to chew and its cut 1 inch wide. The food was bland , to put it nicely. The restaurants really have the Tex-Mex feel it’s a shame they lack in taste.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The food was not bad and the prices weren't horrible. Living as I do in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, I expect better quality for lower prices, but for New Orleans it was okay. The restaurant's Number One advantage was being right next door to my hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

the shrimp brochetas are wonderful. this place is usually pretty busy so expect to wait. the margaritas are very good and they sell them in a side spot during mardi gras (particularly convenient on cold parade days). the restaurant can be a bit pricey but the food is good. dine outside under the tent if you can.

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

My family has been to superior grill two times since moving to NOLA area. The first visit was not memorable, so was okay. The second time we went, I got the veggie fajitas. They were excellent. I wish NOLA had better Mexican food. We will go back to Superior but also continue looking for some place even better.

1  Thank LesThomp
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Okay, the meals (2) were great and the staff was wonderful. We loved it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it! But being from an area where this is strictly illegal, we were tickled by the idea we could order drinks to go ;-)