“Nothing special”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Garden District
Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

My date commented that the spinach and artichoke dip could have been a frozen dish from tgi-Fridays and I couldn't really argue with her, although it was still good. Sw with the pizza. I wasn't blown away and I wasn't disappointed.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Well made pizza with a medium crust. Wait staff are friendly and helpful. Great place for a pizza and a beer.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Rocky's has great pizza and great service. They have a lot of interesting, Rocky's only combinations, and you can split the pizza and get two different specials on each half. Their salads are terrific and fresh, and our server steered us away from pasta very honestly. It's a thin crust, Roman-style pizza, with either a red or white sauce. We tried a split between the Wild Tchoupitoulos (meats and peppers) and the Irish Channel (shrimp and crayfish). The cheap house wine is perfectly fine, and the decor is cool, with door pieces suspended from the ceiling. A great find.

Reviewed April 26, 2010

Restaurant owners really shouldn't rely on their food to sell an establishment. The customer service my fiance and I encountered this weekend while eating at Rocky's was some of the worst I've ever experienced. I normally read negative reviews and conclude that the reviewer was over-reacting, how could service be that bad? Well, this weekend I encountered service, "that bad".

Drinks went unfilled. Appetizers (mozzerella sticks for crying out loud) took almost 30 minutes to deliver. No greeting when patrons walked in the door. One of the waitresses was sitting on the freezer eating McAllister's Deli in plain sight of those of us eating. It was very unprofessional no matter how old or experienced your staff is. The pizza was good, but it doesn't make up for the horrible attitude of those there to provide a welcoming experience. We felt as though we were intruding on the waitresses social time, and it really made us uncomfortable. I would think about recommending to a friend only if they trained their staff on how to provide customer service, because honestly, the pizza isn't that great to where I would go back and suffer through that again.

Reviewed February 24, 2010

We ended up here after Joey K's wasn't open on Sunday at the suggestion of our cab driver. The atmosphere was fun and relaxed. It was too cold for the back patio, but it looked like a good place to enjoy the outside while having great pizza. We ordered a small half magazine and half double pepperoni. The pizza was really good. If you like thin crust pizza this is definitely the place for you. The cheese, tomato sauce, and toppings went all the way to the edge of the pizza. The small is more than large enough for two people. We had two slices left over that we gave to a very appreciative homeless person across the street.

I would definitely get pizza here again!