“Absolutely delicious”

K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Louis Street- Conti Street
Description: In July 1979, K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen(R) opened its doors in New Orleans. In only a few years, Chef Paul Prudhomme's Cajun and Creole French Quarter restaurant attracted world travelers and continues to excite diners today.
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We were told that k Pauls was open at lunch on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Thank goodness!!! Likely the best food of the trip. True Louisiana cooking. Absolutely exquisite dishes prepared and brought to your table. Much more affordable then at dinner but with the same quality.

There are newer reviews for K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Everytime we go to NOLA we have to eat at K-Paul's it never gets old, still the best restaurant in town. The food is to die for and the service is fabulous. We had the fried green tomatoes, the blackened fish and the surf and turf, all absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The atmosphere was warm and inviting. It was our first time here. You definitely know you're in New Orleans when you step into this place. Waitstaff is comfortable and also very unpretentious. Turtle soup was really good--it definitely is a fancy, delicious chili. My husband enjoyed the gumbo as well, and I also thought it was very tasty although I am not really much of a gumbo person. The bread assortment is awesome and their butter is delightful. Had to stop myself from just eating the butter on it's own. Rolls and jalapeno rolls are the best! Tried the K-Paul cosmo, which was very tasty. My husband had the sazarac, which was also good in that cough syrupy way. House salad with green-onion dressing is awesome. I had the bleu cheese dressing, which was good, but sweet, which was not what I was really expecting or wanting. Next time I come back, I would get the green onion or dill dressing. We shared the blackened drum, which was awesome!! They invented the blackened technique here, so I figured we should go for something cooked in that way. Mashed potatoes were good with it too. Overall, great experience and food and I would definitely come back to try other things on the menu!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Absolutely delicious!! They invented blackening so try it - we had the surf & turf, both amazing and impossible to stop eating. Great service - waiter explained everything and his recommendations were helpful. Ask for a table upstairs for something a bit quieter and less draughty. Watch out for the bread - it's so good, but you won't want to fill up before getting to experience real New Orleans cooking.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We always try to have a dinner at K-Paul's when we vist New Orleans. There are a few others we regularly visit and still more that we would like to dine for the first time. K-Paul's has consistently offered great meals, great service, and some of the best gumbo I have ever had.