“Maybe dinner is better”

K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 1,997 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Cross street: St. Louis Street- Conti Street
Description: In July 1979, K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen(R) opened its doors in New Orleans. In only a few years, Chef Paul Prudhomme's Cajun and Creole French Quarter restaurant attracted world travelers and continues to excite diners today.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Visited for lunch after reading lots of good reviews. All I can say is maybe its better at dinner. I don't mind ordering at the bar but it seemed a little awkward and was difficult to ask questions regarding the menu. The girl behind the bar wasn't very helpful. My husband had the fried chicken with red beans and rice and he really enjoyed it. I ordered the Caesar salad with fried shrimp. Eating a salad on a styrofoam plate isn't too enjoyable. I wouldn't go back if I'm in French Quarter again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,108)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I will start with the food. I had the blackened filets with debris sauce. Broccoli, mashed potatoes. My husband had the blackened prime rib. We split a cup of gumbo, a salad with a wonderful green onion dressing, and for desert we had the creme brûlée. The meal was great. The filets we amazing. Better then anywhere else we ate. They really have the best seasonings around. Even the broccoli was delicious. The wait staff was very good also. I guess my only sort of disappointment was that I thought this was a more fancy restaurant but it wasn't. But neither were the places that said they required jackets. But that was ok. Now we know we don't have to dress up to have a great meal. Overall I we will eat here again.

1  Thank Melussa
Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you're looking for great Cajun food, don't miss K-Paul's. I started with the Fried Green Tomatoes with Shrimp, never had FGT's before,,were really good, accompanying sauce was lick your fingers good. Next came the Cajun boat,,scooped out Eggplant, coated and then deep fried and used as container to hold the Shrimp, Bay Scallops and Crawfish. Shut the front door,,it was great! To boot,, becuase it was my birthday, I also got a free Peanut Butter/Chocolate Gnash creation that was yummy too.. Thanks to our waitress Donna and kitchen staff, and to Paul too!

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Hit the Cajun food spot! The gumbo was delicious! It's far from fine dining though. You order your meal and pay at the bar. Then they bring it to you on a styrofoam plate. Not exactly classy but the good was very good for lunch. The staff seemed like they would've rather been anywhere else but there. They weren't rude, just indifferent.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I dined solo at the bar and enjoyed everything about this place! I had blackened fish and gumbo and it was amazing!

1  Thank conniefm