“Always an excellent experience”

Cafe Adelaide & The Swizzle Stick Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Adelaide & The Swizzle Stick Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 1,954 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Elkridge, Maryland
“Always an excellent experience”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We love the 25 cent martini lunch and the food is creative and top notch. Try the shrimp and grits and the turtle soup.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Flolo86

Baton Rouge, LA
“More Than Redeemed Themselves”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am writing this second review to provide up to date information about my breakfast saga at Cafe Adelaide. After writing a lukewarm review of breakfast the restaurant manager wrote a response asking I give them a chance to redeem themselves. I went back to the restaurant, DID not, identify myself and gave them another chance. We were three diners who happened upon the Saturday brunch. Well, the service and the food was great! The dining room was buzzing with a full crowd of happy customers. It was not until we had received our food and tasted everything that I asked to speak to the manager. She was a delight. I thanked her for the coupon she sent and told her everything was excellent. In going back and reading reviews of other diners, I noticed that they ran very hot and very cold. There were hardly any in between reviews. I have come to the conclusion that when eating at Cafe Adelaide, the busier the better. If things aren't going right for you, ask to speak to the restaurant manager. She really does want to know how to improve her operation. Salute!

baton rouge
“The Swizzle Stick Bar”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our first day at the Swizzle Stick we had very good service, had a drink made with St Germain at special request and our server was awesome. We decided to visit again the next day. Our server was the woman from hell.She was extremely rude,nasty attitude and not nice at all. I do not expect this from a Loews hotel at all. My friend ordered a drink which never arrived, we ordered shrimp and tasso corndogs,they were good,mixup with price and she got really nasty after that. Almost to the point of trying to argue. I kept saying please and thank you-no response from her. After we signed the bill and tried to give her the pen back she said"YOU CAN KEEP THAT!!!. I had to go get the manager Jack-who was supposed to visit our table and tell him our complaint. If you are having a bad day-stay home. Never had this type of treatment at the Loews. I won't be back and will advise my friends not to patronize the Swizzle Stick bar when in town.

Washington, DC
“An exception to my rules for an exceptional place”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

One of my travel rules is that I rarely, if ever, drink in hotel bars or eat in hotel restaurants. They are typically bland, mediocre, and over-priced. Cafe Adelaide and the Swizzle Stick are a very big exception. They are top-notch and would be an attraction all by themselves - without being attached to a really good hotel. The cocktails are works of art and wonderfully delicious. The food in the restaurant is really great! It's associated with the Commander's Palace - and it shows. Impeccable service and great meals. You can't go wrong.

Visited July 2013
MS
“Great Service; My Dish Was Terrible”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a party of 10 that was also seated at a round table. The service was wonderful and the atmosphere was lovely. However, my dish of the Truffled Blue Crab and Dumplings was terrible. The crab had a bad odor and the dish was so oily it was inedible. Since I was with a large party, I chose not to send it back since this would have started a lot of conversation in the group. Strangely, during this same weekend our same party had wonderful meals at Mr. B's and at Commander's Palace. However, Cafe Adelaide is off my list.