“Eat Here - Food and Hospitality Outstanding”

Commerce Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The atmosphere is local and the entire staff makes you feel right at home -- open from 0700 to 2pm during the week and everything is fantastic. Had breakfast and lunch when we stayed at a local hotel and were glad we did. Daily specials and the normal Red Beans and Rice and PoBoys are super and very good prices. Recommend sitting at the counter and chatting with the owner. Will definitely be back......

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Got here in new Orleans on july 31 couldn't check inn to our hotel so we begin walking, we walked passed commerce at first but than those wonderful smells called us back. Every i mean everybody was friendly and great food. They knew all the locals by names, asked how they family were doing knew what everyone was going to order. I really suggest stopping here first if you plan on staying in the CBD area..

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Outstanding customer service! The staff treated us very well. I like this spot because of their authentic local cuisines.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were standing on a corner, facing Commerce, trying to decide what to eat. He saw a group of women come out with brown bags, said they looked like locals and lets go. Once we entered, I felt like I had stepped back in time. The decor, the staff, the local patrons with their heavy accents...We were so absorbed! And then, the next thing of all: I ordered the crawfish beignet. There are no words to describe how delicious it tasted. I am going back to New Orleans next week and can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I ALWAYS hated when New Orleans came up on my route list. I have always found New Orleans restaurant staff of all races and backgrounds to be rude, snobbish and apathetic. The race car taxi drivers cement this impression for me.

HOWEVER, everything changes when you walk into Commerce Restaurant. The first thing that happens when you walk through the door is the acknowledgement of your presence. "COME ON IN BABY...Sit anywhere! Miss JEAN! Get this young man some water!!...Miss Jean will be right with you baby!" I love these women. I went back the next day, and, my waitress from the morning before asked what I wanted. "I'll have what I had yesterday." (oops!) She stops in her tracks, slowly turns, and points a finger at me and says, "YOU THINK I REMEMBER WHAT YOU HAD YESTERDAY?!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE I'VE WAITED ON?!?!?" She stops ranting and begins to write and says (staring at her order pad), "4 scrambled eggs, two orders of potato's, and an extra side of bacon....right, baby?" I was dumbfounded. "Yes, ma'am."

Food comes out delicious and fast. It's tons of food. Suddenly I don't feel like my wallet has been molested. It's a lot of food for a good price.

2  Thank hardworkingtraveler