“Best way to start the day!”

Commerce Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Closed due to damage suffered in Hurricane Katrina.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food, people and service are wonderful ! I found the Commerce listed in Eyewitness Travel book. I love breakfast and it was a great way to start the day. Based on other reviews I read I could have eaten there for every meal :)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A restaurant drenched in local color. A diner where the waitresses call you "honey" and "sugar" and "big daddy"; where overweight southern cops perch on tiny stools (kind of an amazing sight, really), Mostly good food at reasonable (for New Orleans) prices. The Muffelata I had was very good (not as good as the one that I got at the French Market, but good), the Oyster Po Boy that a family member got was good too, as was the hot sausage I got for breakfast the next day (the hot sausage is very finely ground, which turned my wife off, but I liked it fine). Service is chaotic...some dishes took a lot longer than others, and one of our party never received her order...but it is what it is. Lot of fun.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I will be the first to tell you that Commerce Restaurant is not a posh restaurant by any standard, but as for quality of food and affordability it ranks very high. Our party of 4 each ordered the $10 poboy special which came with a full order of fries. The poboys are easily 10 inches long and packed full of shrimp, oysters, catfish, etc. I opted for the half shrimp and half catfish, it was delicious and the serving size was humongous. Service was very good and food was served quickly.

We would have definitely eaten here more than once during our stay, however the restaurant is closed on the weekends. :) We will have to visit them again on our next trip.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

What a great find. The club is spectacular on french bread. Highly recommended. No credit cards accepted, so be prepared with cash.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Commerce Restaurant is one of those places where the food is excellent and the presentation is irrelevant. This place serves the best tasting cajun food in town. Certainly you can pay much more at one of those fancy restaurants, but the taste won't be any better.

The Commerce Restaurant is a great value. The food is very good and the atmosphere is filled with the air of great cooking. This is definitely worth the stop if you want to eat while visiting New Orleans.