Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Ways to Experience Two Chicks Walking Tours
from $19.99
2,256 results
All reviews garden district tour great tour district donuts french quarter small group louis cemetery night tour ask questions private tour would highly recommend this tour fun facts tour group two hours informative tour loki christine chickens
Reviewed June 21, 2016

We are locals who visit our wonderful cemeteries often, but have never taken a guided tour of one before, so we were excited to try Two Chicks - especially now that the St. Louis Cemetery #1 is available only to visit with the supervision of a tour guide. They do a great job of explaining our unique cemetery customs to people who have never seen these before. Our guide was very knowledgeable about the history of the cemetery and eager to share this with others in a way that is entertaining - even shining a light on our weird pronunciations, like how Faubourg is pronounced "Faw-Burg" and not "Faux Brog", and pointing out the proper translation of "Famille V.Ve Paris" to mean that the Vve meant Veuve/Widow, and so Marie Laveau's tomb reads "The Family of the Widow Paris" and not just "Widow Paris" - These things are important to us locals, and its great to share that with others, and she does that well. I hope she reads this because she did a great job. Thank you!

Reviewed June 21, 2016

As a New Orleanian, I don't get out to do too many things that might be considered "touristy", but I really enjoyed this walking tour through the city's oldest cemetery. Our guide Ashton was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable about the unusual history of New Orleans as well as the burial customs that make this place on the planet so unique. I felt like I was actually part of the tour as opposed to being a mere participant. What an awesome experience! Forget the big tour companies and book a tour with Two Chicks.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

We took the "DEAD Sexy" tour, a two-hour mix starting with St. Louis Cemetery #1 and changing gears afterwards to a history of "Storyville" and the early brothels and feisty owners. It's a good one and highly recommend it for an adult audience. After one hour, you'll see all you need to see in the cemetery, though there's more than an hour's worth of stories. Our superb guide, Ashton, had an infectious energy and a canny sense of knowing how to condense and select the "good stuff." If we felt like we needed more, she was on task.

After that, we took a short jaunt to a historic hotel bar, former brothel, and had a round-table style, highly entertaining telling of the history of some of the bordello history (while inside some air conditioning, much needed in June).

Several pros to Two Chicks:

1. Small group, guide said they max at 12 (we had 9). This should go without saying. The cemetery is tight quarters, and the brothel area really was best with 10 or less so we could hear.

2. Knowledgeable, personable, and respectful guide. Ashton was top notch, energetic and maximized the two hours. Besides a bathroom and drink break at the former brothel, you are focused on getting your money's worth.

3. Great price.

4. Unique tour. The topic should say it all. If you want to really get to know the city, then it helps to see it from a variety of angles. I wouldn't recommend bringing anyone under 21 because of the bar, and wouldn't recommend going if you have mobility issues as the cemetery is pretty tight quarters.

Reviewed June 17, 2016

Christine was very informative and so friendly. It felt like we were walking around New Orleans with an old friend. She introduced us to so many great places and the small size of the tour was very nice. I would definitely take their tour again if I am back in New Orleans. Highly recommended!

1  Thank trivosecchi63
Christine M, Owner at Two Chicks Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2016

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the kind review. That's exactly how I hope people feel when they're on a tour with us.

Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

I love Two Chicks Walking Tours! I did the Garden District tour, and Richard was my guide; he was knowledgable, witty & I really enjoyed my time with him. I love the fact that it was a small group which made the tour more intimate and easier to maneuver the crazy New Orleans sidewalks.

Date of experience: June 2016

Thank you for the great review. The Two Chicks crew all love the Garden District, it's such a treasure.