“We ate there almost everyday, wonderful food!”
Review of The Original City Diner - CLOSED

The Original City Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed September 24, 2013

we stayed at the hotel that we connected next door. one night most of the food spots were closed, we wanted a po boy, my boyfriend wanted alligator! boy I tell you the po. boy was fresh, shrimp good size, i took a bite out of my boyfriends alligaotr sausage po boy. I never ever, thought I would like alligator it was so good seasoned to profection. we had breakfast there everyday, everything we tried was great and cooked to order!

There are newer reviews for The Original City Diner

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went into this restaurant at 9 pm on 9/14/13. It took someone 7 minutes to bring me a menu. No water, nothing, just a menu. I sat another 15 minutes while waiting for someone to come and take my order. When no one did, I got up and left. I will not go back to a place that totally ignores its customers...There is no excuse for it.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had 2 meals at this diner which is next door to Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza. I ordered the Caesar salad with grilled chicken and was surprised when the server asked what type of salad dressing I wanted. I told her it would not be Caesar salad with anything other than Caesar dressing, which made her stare back in amazement and said "oh, I thought you might want some other kind of dressing." The salad was good, chicken was still warm and greens were adequately crisp. Negative: could not find the Parmesan cheese on the salad. At breakfast next morning I ordered the biscuits and gravy with hash browns, which were served very crispy as I had requested. Downside: barely enough gravy to cover the cold hard biscuits, looked like about one tablespoon of gravy for both biscuits. The coffee was barely warm, definitely not " hot coffee." I had to ask the server for coffee refill as she did not follow up with me after serving the meal to check if I was satisfied - I was the only customer entire time I was there at 6:30 am. Servers definitely need training. Overall, satisfactory, nothing to brag about.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The waitress was very friendly and attentive. She was the only one working. We ordered a pancake with banana and coffee. It took a few minutes, but hey, the pancake was huge! The topping was good and there were bits of banana inside. We just shared it for breakfast and it was an excellent price. I will admit, I was afraid it may not be that good since it was so large but it was as good as several small pancakes would be. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Shrimp and grits were great. Service was great. Orange juice was watered down but waiter didn't Hesitate to exchange drinks. Great location