“Outstanding for a hotel restaurant”

Canal Street Grille
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Camp Street
Transit: Streetcar @ St. Charles & Common Street
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Inside the JW Marriott but you don't have to walk through the hotel if you enter from Canal St. It's a great restaurant to have on site and especially nice for take away back to your hotel room. The breakfast buffet is nice and highly recommend the Chesies (sp?) goat cheese and ham omelet. Makes my mouth water writing about it.

1  Thank holabonjour
There are newer reviews for Canal Street Grille

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We decided to try the Canal Street Grill as restaurants.com offered a $50 coupon off any tab over $75.00. ( Normally, it cost twenty dollars to purchase this coupon but restaurant.com was selling it for eight dollars). I had a seafood pasta and salad and my husband chose the osso bucco. Both meals were absolutely delicious and our service, impeccable. Although folks were at the bar, we were the only ones having dinner. Our table by the window provided an entertaining view of all the Canal Street activites. Maybe the early hour on a weeknight explained the lack of other patrons but after enjoying our meal, I can't imagine why the place wasn't mobbed. Including my husband's beer and splitting a dessert, our total bill (using the coupon and before tip) was $33.00. What a deal!

1  Thank carolph
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband, daughter and I visited New Orleans over Christmas week. We had breakfast one morning and dinner one evening at the Canal Street Grille in the JW Marriott hotel on Canal Street. My husband got the bread pudding french toast for breakfast and it was delicious. I had eggs and grits which were cooked perfectly and my daughter had the light as a feather pancakes. We returned for dinner a few days later. My osso bucco was totally delicious. The gravy was like silk and the meat was very tender and delicious. My daughter and husband got beef entrees which they both enjoyed. I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant. On top of the great food, the service was very friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Bonnie1907
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We ordered two Filets and a wedge salad. The filets were perfectly cooked and lightly seasoned. The wedge salad had all good ingredients, except the wedge was brown on the interior, so it was older lettuce. We had two beers from the bar ($6 each). Service was attentive and not overwhelmingly. We were brought out a bread/cheese/tomato app to much on as well for free. We used a restaurant.com gift certificate for $50 off a $75 purchase. So this was a very reasonable bill for 2 filet mignon dinners in New Orleans.

1  Thank Bengals9
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Decided to dine here for lunch not noticing the restaurant was due to close after lunch at 2:00PM. Ashley, our waitress was very cordial, told us to take our time and enjoy lunch. Hubby's gumbo was superb and I had the French onion soup. Later some wait staff came by to chat. We particularly liked Keisha (sp?) and hubby asked about a good place to buy hot sauce. Keisha said she would stop by her favorite market to get him a bottle of her favorite sauce and she would have it for him tomorrow. We then talked about the big jackpot which was to be determined that evening. Keisha said she would also buy a lottery ticket jokingly. When we left the Grille I bought Keisha a lottery ticket and left it for her to get the next morning. I really hoped she would win something. The net day, sure enough, she had the bottle of hot sauce for my husband. She treated us just like a family member, maybe better.

Good