“Great Food, good service, good location!”

Canal Street Grille
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Camp Street
Transit: Streetcar @ St. Charles & Common Street
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of eating at the Canal Street Grill. Excellent food. I had the fillet, it was cooked perfect and very good. My wife got the tuna which was also exellent. We were well taken care of with prompt service. We sat at a window table facing out to Canal St., great place to people watch. They also had one of my favorite desserts, carrot cake (which very hard to find at French Quarter and Downtown restaurants). The carrot cake was "to die for" good!! Canal Street Grill is a very nice upscale restaurant, good menu selections, great food and service!!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wow, what a shock. I had the fortunate experience to go to the Canal Street Grille, in the JW Marriott, for dinner last night. The food was excellent. The chef must be local because we started off with Crab Cakes and there was not a lot of filler. It was almost all crab meat. Delicious. We then had the New York Strip. I can quite honestly say it was one of the better steaks I have eaten and I would compare it with Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Our waiter Juan and his assistant Quinton really took care of us. As a local, I was shocked to find such a gem in the "touristy part of town". It was not crowded and I know when the word gets out this place is going to be packed. I will definitely be back.

2  Thank SpaAtlantis
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were staying at the JW Marriott and had some great meals here since it's connected to the hotel. The breakfast buffet is delicious and has a huge variety of food. We just had a quick lunch at the bar and split an awesome burger with sweet potato fries and probably the best carrot cake I've ever had. The bartender serving us was so friendly and a real professional. Our friends said the crab cakes were amazing too!

1  Thank Allison M
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I are here visiting NOLA for the first time. We were looking for a break from the typical menu offerings in the French Quarter (deep fried sea food). I ordered the salmon (wild Atlantic) and my husband ordered the penne with mushrooms. Both dishes were fantastic! For dessert I ordered the bread pudding and it was to die for!! The service was great. I would go back here again for sure!

1  Thank TDGOZ
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We chose This restaurant because we stayed nearby. The food was great - probably the best steaks we've had in a long time.

Service, atmosphere, and quality food without being pretentious. I like to try new places and In a city like New Orleans with so many dining options it would be easy to pick somewhere else on my next visit but I'm likely to visit again based on this experience.

1  Thank RichC_MD