“I would go back to New Orleans just to eat here.”

Peche Seafood Grill
Ranked #112 of 2,246 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Cross street: Julia Strreet
Description: Peche Seafood Grill. In French, "peche" means "catch." Inspired by trips to Spain and Uruguay, Peche will focus on seafood cooked over an open wood fire. Diners can watch as the seafood, along with meats and vegetables, cooks over the flames. The dishes, though, will still be rooted in Louisiana. The restaurant is a partnership between chefs Donald Link (Herbsaint, Cochon), Stephen Stryjewski (Cochon) and Ryan Prewitt, although Prewitt will have primary authority over the new kitchen. Housed in a restored 19th-century building, Peche will share the modern aesthetic of Cochon. According to the Link Restaurant Group, the restaurant will have "high, pickled-wood ceilings; large, soaring windows; a thick-topped Cypress bar; and a marble top oyster bar."
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Food was exceptional. Although a bit out of the way and a little pricey this was by far our best food experience. The fish is done to perfection. Oysters on the half shell were superb and every dish was a unique taste. You have to visit this place.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,221)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was in NOLA for 4 nights and received countless recommendations to go to Peche. After rescheduling our reservation 3 times we finally made it on our last night, and it did not disappoint. The drinks were good and the food was excellent. There were two of us and we had the smoked drum, steak tartare and hush puppies and we loved them all. For entrees we had the crab capellini, the lamb skewers and the tuna. The only thing I wish was different was I wish they swapped out our share pages and silver before the second round of food as they all out together and got cold before we could make a dent. Also we did have a later reservation but it did feel like service fell off and it was not as attentive towards the end so I imagine the service team was worried about closing up and paperwork.

I would definitely recommend it and go back. A few small things could have just truly elevated the experience to be unforgettable because the food quality was fantastic.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been coming to Peche for a few years. I will say it is consistent. It just isn’t one of my favorites in a city full of culinary greatness. On my last visit I had a nice piece of grilled Tuna and steamed okra. It was a clean high quality lunch. When I place it against other options in the warehouse district and compare on price point however, Peche is simply average.

No harm to them , no harm to me. They have a great following and NOLA is full of restaurants. If you only have a few days though, you may consider other spots on Magazine, in the District or in the Quarter.

1  Thank Jfc073
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The restaurant is very close to the WW2 museum. We ate dinner here after spending the day at the museum. My husband ordered the baked drumfish with fennel and tomato sauce. He said it was qu8ite good. I had the jumbo shrimp with eggplant, tomato and corn. It was delicious. The key lime was a very nice end to the meal.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The oysters were not as good as Acme. The food was very good overall. Stopped in for lunch on the way back from the WW2 museum. Try it if you are in the area.