“Innovative food and drinks”

Peche Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Peche Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Arts District / Warehouse District
Cross street: Julia Strreet
Description: Peche Seafood Grill. In French, "peche" means "catch." Inspired by trips to Spain and Uruguay, Peche will focus on seafood cooked over an open wood fire. Diners can watch as the seafood, along with meats and vegetables, cooks over the flames. The dishes, though, will still be rooted in Louisiana. The restaurant is a partnership between chefs Donald Link (Herbsaint, Cochon), Stephen Stryjewski (Cochon) and Ryan Prewitt, although Prewitt will have primary authority over the new kitchen. Housed in a restored 19th-century building, Peche will share the modern aesthetic of Cochon. According to the Link Restaurant Group, the restaurant will have "high, pickled-wood ceilings; large, soaring windows; a thick-topped Cypress bar; and a marble top oyster bar."
Montgomery, AL
“Innovative food and drinks”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love the seafood and small plates at Peche...you get to sample lots of their yummy dishes without a huge hit on your wallet. The menu is always changing to focus on fresh ingredients. This is a place you don't want to miss!

• Korean first
Jacksonville, Florida
“Very nice discovery”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I was introduced to this restaurant by a local Sous Chef. I arrived a bit early so I sat at the bar for a glass of wine. Service was prompt and very friendly. I was offered a menu and explained I had reservations but she did a good job of describing a starter dish, tuna dip so I ordered it. The wine came quickly and the dip arrived in less than five minutes. The dip came with saltines, I would have preferred bread but the dip was excellent. A bit spicy, which I like and the portion was enough that two could have shared.
When my reservation time came we were seated right away. Just as others described, the dining room it is noisy but not extremely so. I wear hearing devices and we were able to have a normal conversation without speaking loudly.
We had a number of small dishes which included the fish sticks, do not miss them, really good stuff. I had the baked drum fish and it too was excellent, again a bit spicy but not overwhelming. My companion had fresh oysters which were plump and juicy and a pasta dish I can't recall the name of but he said it was very good and a bit spicy. We also had an eggplant dish, we enjoyed that as well.
I had key lime pie for dessert. I consider myself an expert on this dessert having lived in the Keys, I know good key lime pie. The crust was perfect, the filling was good, just tart enough but lacking in creaminess. If I weren't so picky the pie would have been excellent so don't be put off by my observation, it was good.
The prices are reasonable, the service was friendly and efficient.

When I return to NOLA I will dine there again.

Orlando, Florida
“Incredible Food”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was an outstanding restaurant. We had the whole redfish and it was excellent. Great location and an easy walk from canal street.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“If only the service wasn't awful”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My girlfriend and I recently took some friends who were in town to Peche so they could experience a fun new restaurant in the city. We made the recommendation and the reservation as they are from Georgia and we had been a time before and enjoyed it. We met for drinks at the bar and then sat at our table and my girlfriend ordered a glass of red wine. Well, the wine had turned (maybe the bottle had been opened a little too long) and she just let the waiter know it was bad. We didn't want a refund; we just thought they should know it was a bad bottle. Well, maybe it is his favorite wine bc we never saw the waiter again from that point. We hadn't had any other issues or requested anything so we thought it was strange. We ordered dinner and I ordered a mahi mahi special. As dinner was served, I am served swordfish. I remarked to our waiter that I believe this is swordfish and I ordered the mahi. His response is "We aren't doing the mahi anymore. This is the swordfish." It was that abrupt. I ate it. It wasn't bad but not what I wanted. Finally, the check arrives and we wrestle over who is to pay. We wanted to but they didn't want that so we decided just to split it. We tell the waiter we will split the check and he says "We don't itemize checks." We explained we aren't asking that, just split the check in two. "Ok, but we don't itemize." Got it. No problem. He comes back and looks at the card and says "so there are two cards, we don't itemize." Yep, we've been through this. We got it. He came back and never even said thanks for coming. He just dropped off our bill. I will never recommend this restaurant again. Maybe they thought we were just tourists, but we are the folks who will keep this place open next summer. They just lost two customers who may have made it a monthly spot for dinner.

1 Thank RStephenGill
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, wonderful space, miserable staff, service and management”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We waited for this restaurant to be open a number of months to try it. Reservations are a must. We went on a Monday night and it was packed at 8 PM. Every item ordered and brought to our table was cooked to perfection and delicious. That is the good news.

The bad news is the service was among the worst we have experienced in many years. There seems to be a team approach being attempted, but, on this night, it clearly did not work.

Items ordered never arrived. When reminded, one of our two waitors found the missing item and delivered it twice, ten minutes after others were served and then again 15 minutes later for a second time. We needed to track down a waiter to place entree orders, after starters had been ordered and delivered, and then three of four entrees sowed up. The fourth came 15 minutes later, after we noted its absence.

As the one who had no entree, i suggested the others begin without me. Once my meal arrived, without any apologies, the seemingly unsupervised, untrained staff started clearing plates as others finished a given dish. Maybe they are short of dinnerware. Wo knows, but it resulted in the last person to be served sitting at a cleared table with just one lone dish left to be cleared.

I would not suggest this reataurant to others until they can get their staffing, staff training and restaurant basics under control. The kitchen is producing wonderful food, but the oversll experience is undercut by service standards that would not be expected or deemed acceptable at Denny's. great food, rotten experience.

• Visited October 2013