“Great local tradition with great food”

Ye Olde College Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Ye Olde College Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #237 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fig Street
Description: Since 1933 Ye Olde College Inn has served generations of New Orleanians. Come join us at a true New Orleans landmark. Our menu features our latest Creole specials and plenty of twists on traditional New Orleans standards. Next door is another New Orleans landmark, the Rock’n'Bowl. Ask for a $5 off voucher when you dine from the entree section of our menu.
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great place to eat, and you can bowl at the rock n bowl right next door, bonus!

Reviewed May 15, 2012

From the name and outside you would not expect this to be a high end eatery, which it is. I expected the prices to be higher. The veal cutlet with mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach was only $12. The service was wonderful!

Reviewed May 9, 2012

It's now becoming tradition to eat at here before a show at the Rock N Bowl. Excellent food & a great atmosphere. I had the fish special, trout with crab on top. It was so good! I also had the award wining bread pudding.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We had dinner at Ye Olde College Inn before going to a music show at the Rock N Bowl and were greeted by the best hostess, the chef's adorable daughter! Our waiter Jimmy was delightfully entertaining, so much so he convinced us to get the strawberry & blueberry Mojitos which did not disappoint after a hot day at Jazz Fest. We shared three incredible appetizers, the fried oysters blue, the fried green tomatoes, and the crab cake. Nothing was left behind! We all ordered the catch of the day which was enhanced by the incredibly fresh and crispy vegetables they grow in their own garden. This chef has it going on! So you know, if you eat here before a show a music show at the Rock N Bowl, you get $5 off a ticket!

1  Thank ReadEatTravel
Reviewed March 24, 2012

My family has been going to College Inn for over sixty years. It's a great family place, and it's nice to see the families and older couples coming in. It's a place with a lot of traditions, many of which are maintained by the newer owners who acquired this restaurant before Hurricane Katrina and had to rebuild almost from the ground up.

I had the Chicken Fried Steak (probably my hundredth ... smile) as did my mother, and my father had fish. All great, as always. but one of College Inn's signature items was always their onion rings ... Very thin, with very crispy, flaky breading. A big pile of them. In my opinion, the best in the city. I now live out of town, but the onion rings have now apparently changed to one of those "tower" of onion deals that bear no resemblance, or taste, to the originals. Before: sweet,crispy, light and crunchy. Now: thick, salty and kind of greasy. Very disappointing, and took away from what would have been a four star rating.