“best best ever TACOS!”

Cafe Negril
Ranked #360 of 2,009 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Live music bar and restaurant open 7 days a week, 365 days a year on world famous Frenchmen Street. Locals and tourist alike come for live music, dancing, drinks, tacos, burritos and pizza. Cafe Negril has been on Frenchmen Street long before Frenchmen Street was well known around the world. Most of the musicians and bands that play at Cafe Negril have been here for many years and "got their start" on our humble stage. The selection of music is as eclectic as the people we serve. From Reggae to Rock and Roll the bands will get keep you on the dance floor begging for more!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

these were the best tacos I have ever had. Made to order right in front of me while I listened to a live band. 3 for $10 my choice of shrimp or fish. Delicious! Not a lot of sitting space. Drinks were reasonable priced.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We were told by our cab driver, the place to listen to good music was Frenchman Street.
So we wandered into the Cafe Negril. While we didn't eat here, the music indeed was very good. The service was not so good, as we had to go up to the bar and try to attract the attention of the bartender. It was early and not very busy. But again, the music was very good!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The bar service is the worst I have ever seen. The bartender/manager is angry and extremely rude. After she made me the wrong drink she also double charged me AND yelled at me for her mistake. There are so many great places on Frenchman - don't waste your time here.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Awesome music to be had here, luckily enough to catch Soul Project who are great live. A bonus is the kitchen at the back, awesome food very well priced. Try the Tamales.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We wandered in here after hearing Charmaine Neville at Snug Harbor. We were famished and the tacos hit the spot. There was also a live band too, and they were playing Bob Marley, Alicia Keyes, etc. With no cover and cheap eats, this place worked for us.