“Frenchman's Street is the place to be!”
Review of Cafe Negril

Cafe Negril
Ranked #422 of 2,033 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Faubourg Marigny & Bywater
Description: Live music bar and restaurant open 7 days a week, 365 days a year on world famous Frenchmen Street. Locals and tourist alike come for live music, dancing, drinks, tacos, burritos and pizza. Cafe Negril has been on Frenchmen Street long before Frenchmen Street was well known around the world. Most of the musicians and bands that play at Cafe Negril have been here for many years and "got their start" on our humble stage. The selection of music is as eclectic as the people we serve. From Reggae to Rock and Roll the bands will get keep you on the dance floor begging for more!
Reviewed March 23, 2013

If you're looking for a great place to listen to the music and have some freshly made tacos, tomales, etc., this is the place! The food was delicious, the music was awesome, and the bar area was huge. If you're looking to escape the nonsense of Bourbon Street, head up to Frenchman's Street!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hey, I'm over 60. We had the misfortune of sitting right in front of the huge speakers. The music was so loud my ears literally hurt. That said, I loved this place because of the excellent food offered by a concession not owned by the bar. I had a freshly made, huge tamale that was the best I have ever had, and my husband's fish tacos were also generously sized and delicious. And the cost was very reasonable. I would go back for the food, but I would aim for an evening with a quieter type of music and would wear ear plugs. The drinks were fine.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Smoke free and no cover. My sister and I enjoyed listening a Reggae band with a female vocalist. Loved it.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We go to Cafe Negril to hear great music and have been there many times. Last night was the first night we were hungry when we were there so we ordered shrimp tacos and a pork burrito. The food was fantastic!! The peppers in the jar are pickled and yummy and the hot sauce is tangy and a perfect addition to the tacos. The shrimp tacos are $10 for 3.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time here listening great music! We had the opportunity to watch Cornell Williams, it was terrific!