“it's mother cluckin good!”
Review of Mother Cluckers - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mother Cluckers
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed July 28, 2009

we had great service and good food from this place.i don't know what the other guy was talking about he must have been mad b-cuz they wouldn't honor his free meal. and besides the kitchen is close off. we were in there when they had the lutheran convention.they had speedy service where they took care of everyone all 80 kids.friendly service and good food..

There are newer reviews for Mother Cluckers

Reviewed June 16, 2009

I went there at least 10 times a year or 2 ago. they offered a free meal if you purchase 10 meals there. When I went to redeem my 10th meal they said they just bought the resturant from someone and would not honor it. While I was in there I noticed a rat run across the kitchen.

Reviewed June 11, 2007

I stopped by about 7:30 PM (they close at 8 PM) for a chicken sandwich. The first indication this would be a place I liked was they had whole wheat as an option - the first place I had found during my 3 day stay.

The fried chicken sandwich was all I ordered (other than drink) but was enough for me to determine the overall quality of the food. I had ordered the "extra hot sauce" on the side which I normally do. First I tried the meat without sauce and it was very good. The breading was not heavy in nature and was well seasoned.

While eating I had a great conversation with the people running the place. When I mentioned I liked the sauce, the lady offered to take the sandwich back and toss the meat. Once returned the meat, sauce, bread combination was outstanding.

Of course good food is the focus, but I would like also to compliment the overall attitude of the restaurant and will certainly return next time I'm in New Orleans. Also, they didn't seem interested in trying to rush me out so they could close since it was a Monday night in the business district.