“Excellent Mezes”
Review of Mona's Cafe

Mona's Cafe
Ranked #1,008 of 1,955 Restaurants in New Orleans
Neighborhood: Garden District
Description: Closed due to damage sustained in Hurricane Katrina.
UK
“Excellent Mezes”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Really high standard of Mezes available, all delicious. I recommend sharing the mixed appetiser, including flafel, hummus and baba ganoush. The halloumi cheese was excellent also. Hubby had the lamb plate with hummus, it was a great combination. Don't expect amazing surroundings but do expect excellent food.

Visited April 2014

Bay City, Michigan
“Delicious falafel and hummus!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We ate at Mona's on two separate visits to New Orleans and we were very pleased with our meals both times. The falafel and hummus are outstanding and are highly recommended. One of the visits we actually got take out and everything was still delicious when we finally made it back to our hotel.

• Visited February 2014
Hinesburg, Vermont
“Delicious Lunch”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a good, inexpensive place to have lunch one rainy day. Well, we certainly lucked out when we stumbled upon Mona's. We shared the Lula kabob and chicken kabob, two wraps that were incredibly tasty and very filling--just what we wanted. The menu was varied and extremely reasonable. I would definitely go back again.

• Visited March 2014
New Orleans
“Wholesome good, solid, food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I go to Mona's on Banks Street often. This is my " I so don't want to cook" place. I always order the Mona's special. I adore everything that's included except for the stuffed grape leaves--they're sort of mushy. Whole foods has much better grape leaves. I also enjoy their gyros and shawrma. I find the prices to be quite reasonable.

• Visited August 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Excellent server and good food. Ordered the lamb shank and hummus platter. Both were very good. Waitress was a doll. I would imagine finding food on Frenchmen St is pretty hit or miss and this was a hit. Thanks : )
As a note, Hubs was impressed and loved this meal!

Visited January 2013