“Ok, but would not go out of my way to eat there”

Besh Steakhouse at Harrah's
Reserve with OpenTable
Besh Steakhouse at Harrah's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 1,976 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Corner of South Peters and Poydras
Description: In its dazzling contemporary setting among the bold iconic canvases of George Rodrigue’s Blue Dog, Besh Steak is not your traditional steakhouse. 150 rich brown leather seats, some in private curtained booths, are set among crystal puddles of azure blue. A sleek, backlit wall of wine bottles is flanked by a glowing amber bar and an open brushed-silver kitchen. High-rolling guests and food critics alike will be swept away with the cool dining grandeur at Besh Steak in Harrah's New Orleans. Please note that you and your party must be 21 years or older to enter. The restaurant melds Chef John Besh's devotion to local Louisiana ingredients and techniques with traditional steakhouse menu items. Wine and spirits are also an integral part of the dining experience at Besh Steak, with hand-selected cellar choices to accompany each dish.
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

The iceberg salad was meh, the ”hit blue cheese dressing” tasted curdled,.husband's Caesars romaine leaves were huge and tough, I don't recommend either one. my filet was ok, but not warm enough to melt a pat of butter. Husband's ribeye was swimming in some peppery sauce and was tough. Both were cooked correctly and the service was correct. For a steakhouse, there were way too many non meat/steak items. I get the feeling that many menu items are prepared much in advance and stored in a sous vide for later use. Doubt I will be back, coupon or not.

1  Thank meandersfun
There are newer reviews for Besh Steakhouse at Harrah's

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I know it's a weird title for a steak house, but that's how it tasted to me..I had a ribeye and it was buttery and rich and just melted in my mouth. I started the meal with the barbeque shrimp. Although not what I expected it was still good. we shared some of their fried oysters and they were crispy and had a nice salty briney taste to them, hard to get from somehting fried..but good!! I would go again in a heartbeat! I throughly enjoyed this meal.

1  Thank mdunn64
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The steak was very good, but we expected excellent, which it was not. Most of the food is prepared with very heavy sauces which did not appeal to us. I am not a meat-eater, so I ordered gumbo which was very thick and somewhat pasty and barbeque shrimp which were swimming in sauce, but had it not been for the sauce, they would have been dry and overcooked. The portions were huge, but we didn't like the food well enough to eat it all. The crème brule was marginal.

1  Thank SAS707
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Took a friend for birthday dinner because I love Besh. She said the filet was best, most tender ever. The desserts are too die for! I go there every time I visit
New Orleans.

1  Thank Viola M
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went on a Saturday night asked for a table for 2 said would be a 30 minute wait; came back in 20 and immediately seated. Upon seating wad given a plate of bread and pate, appetizers of "jumbo lump crab shells" and "crispy fried oysters", then the entree of BLACKENED CHAPPAPEELA DUCK BREAST and 14OZ CAST-IRON SEARED RIBEYE OF BEEF were some of the best entrees we have eaten in a long time, ribeye was fork tender

1  Thank Educated-diner