“Overpriced and terrible”

Besh Steakhouse at Harrah's
Reserve with OpenTable
Besh Steakhouse at Harrah's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 1,978 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Corner of South Peters and Poydras
Description: In its dazzling contemporary setting among the bold iconic canvases of George Rodrigue’s Blue Dog, Besh Steak is not your traditional steakhouse. 150 rich brown leather seats, some in private curtained booths, are set among crystal puddles of azure blue. A sleek, backlit wall of wine bottles is flanked by a glowing amber bar and an open brushed-silver kitchen. High-rolling guests and food critics alike will be swept away with the cool dining grandeur at Besh Steak in Harrah's New Orleans. Please note that you and your party must be 21 years or older to enter. The restaurant melds Chef John Besh's devotion to local Louisiana ingredients and techniques with traditional steakhouse menu items. Wine and spirits are also an integral part of the dining experience at Besh Steak, with hand-selected cellar choices to accompany each dish.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Do not waste your hard earned money on this overpriced and terrible food. They brought out a free appetizer (bread crisps and chicken liver pate) that I couldn't even eat, and I was starving. The bill was almost $200 and I've had better food and service at a McDonald's at 2 a.m.

3  Thank FrequentFlyrr

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We dined here on the recommendation of a friend. After reading so many mixed reviews, we almost didn't dine here because in New Orleans there are so many excellent dining choices. We certainly are glad that we did come. This was one of our best meals in New Orleans! Service was slow, but I think that it was more the kitchen was slow, not the server. Service was actually very good. I didn't think that the menu offered a ton of choices but there was a good selection. This place is not ala carte, which surprised us. Since your entree is served with sides the server was completely accommodating at switching the sides that came with the dish so that we could get what we wanted. We started off with a shared Caesar Salad and it was quite large, it was easy to share and the kitchen split it for us. They serve warm bread to the table as it comes out of the oven and it was great. For dinner my husband had the strip steak. It was perfectly cooked and tasted amazing. He said it was the best steak he ever had. I had to agree, it was great. I ordered the pork chop. This dish was amazing also. It was a huge pork chop served over a creamy crab and rice risotto. It was so good that I almost ate the entire dish, and the portions are huge! This too was cooked perfectly and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The only problem you will have here is the price. Our bill for dinner for 2 was right at $150.00. Definitely our most expensive meal of the trip but so worth it.

1  Thank banker562
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to Besh Steak House and had wonderful service and the best filet migon! The wine list is extensive and well priced. Excellent evening out on the town of New Orleans!

2  Thank Sandy J
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Brought my wife of 13 years on our anniversary and was not happy with service (slow) food (bland) and price, with tip $200.00. Being a native New Orleanian I was expecting more, Gordon Ramsey please resue this menu!!!!!!

2  Thank Theconcreteguy
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated my brother's birthday and decided to try Besh Steakhouse.

The prices really pop out but the food was actually pretty good. The.shrimp and grits was actually good considering my skeptical demeanor about the red gravy.

The service was really good but expect to pay a pretty penny!

1  Thank Swingman77