“Worth the Wait”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Description: Conveniently located just a block off Canal and Bourbon streets in the French Quarter, Deanie's Seafood Restaurant is the perfect location for a date night, family outing or special event. Recognized by locals as one of New Orleans' best seafood restaurants, Deanie's is known for its authentic New Orleans cuisine offering boiled, broiled and fried Louisiana seafood prepared in Deanie's signature Creole seasonings, plus a variety of non-seafood fare. Deanie's in the French Quarter also offers private dining spaces including a traditional Vieux Carre Courtyard for meetings, celebrations and private parties of up to 150 (400 for entire restaurant). Family owned and operated for nearly 50 years, Deanie's operates two restaurant locations in New Orleans and a seafood market and online retail site shipping fresh Louisiana seafood overnight.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

When we arrived in New Orleans we were hungry and tired. The hotel desk clerk suggested this restaurant so off we went. We were told the wait was going to be about an hour, as this was our first trip to New Orleans we decided to stay rather than venture off to find another place. The wait turned out to be shorter than what we were told which was great. Our server was very pleasant and attentive even with the restaurant being so crowded. Instead of bread they brought out boiled potatoes which we really enjoyed, something a little different is always good. My husband ordered the calamari and I ordered the Oysters 1/2 shell for apps. My husband did not like the marinara that came with the calamari but otherwise enjoyed them. I ordered a seafood platter which was huge and I enjoyed everything but the stuffed clam. New Orleans was one of our last destinations on a 3 week road trip and we had eaten in many restaurants in numerous states from Fine dining to "why did we pick this place?" and Deanie's Seafood, though not 5 star was one of our better choices. It was worth the wait and you won't leave hungry. Big portions.

2  Thank KerryAnnM
Write a ReviewReviews (4,019)

Reviewed July 30, 2013

What else could you ask for. We waited at the bar for half an hour and had a drink prior to being seated. The restuarant was a buzz with everyone dining. The shared a platter of seafood for the price of 28.00....it was amazing with the soft shelled crab and other seafood delights. Deanie's was our first and last resturarant we went to in NOLA and loved each meal....you should make it a point to go out of your way to visit this wonderful establishment.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I went to the lake side location Saturday night. Called ahead to inquire about a wait, they said half hour to 45 minutes. We waited about 15. Started off with bbq shrimp appetizer. It was absolutely amazing! Though I had to de-head and de-leg the shrimp which freaks my wife out but I didn't mind. We split the crawfish quartet, ettouffe was very good, the au gratin was good but we could live with out. The fried crawfish and dressing balls totally made the meal. It was excellent. A great portion of food as well. Finished with a gold brick sundae and it was enormous. I hooked with the table next to us they should have joined us and helped finish it off. It was delicious. All in all a great meal, great atmosphere, friendly wait staff and patrons. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

A local recommended Deanies to us. It was sort of hard to find but once we got there, we were happy! We ordered the barbecue shrimp pasta (excellent), oyster po boy (good but too much to eat) and the stuffed shrimp which was not the best as the stuffing was a little bland. The service was excellent. Good but not great.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was in New Orleans for a Family Reunion trip. They recommended Deanie's Seafood our first night there. I went there with my daughter and grandchildren. The food was good, but for someone from Alabama, I thought it cost TOO MUCH! NEVER AGAIN!