“Try others, always come back to Maspero's”

The Original Pierre Maspero's
Ranked #191 of 2,143 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Pierre Maspero’s is a local destination for relaxed dining in a historic setting—offering authentic New Orleans cuisine in a comfortable New Orleans landmark property. Watch the crowds go by as you enjoy traditional New Orleans entrées in one of the city’s most historic buildings. Come in for breakfast, linger for lunch or just swing by for a refreshing cocktail. Hearty meals in a historic setting!
Reviewed August 16, 2016

Pierre Maspero's Original Restaurant has been in the French Quarter since 1788. My husband and I have been coming here for decades. No longer living in New Orleans, we always dine here when we visit. Restaurants come and go, but none measure up to the consistency and quality found at Maspero's. Every meal we've enjoyed here is a visit of flavors coming together in every bite. "First you make a roux," has never been more evident than at Maspero's Restaurant, wonderful cajun dining in an 'olde world' environment.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (1,795)

Reviewed August 15, 2016

A really busy place, so go early or book. We decided to wait for a table and not disappointed. the food came quickly and was really good , Aligator and fired green tomato starters were realy good as were the jambalaya and shrimp creole mains. worth a visit

Reviewed August 14, 2016

The building and its history is very interesting. The food is not. The music is so loud conversation at our table was difficult.

Date of visit: August 2016
Victor A, General Manager at The Original Pierre Maspero's, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Good morning Lesw2132016,
My name is Victor Attical Jr. and I'm the General Manager here at the Original Pierre Maspero's. I thank you for your most recent feedback and I do apologize that the music and the food was not satisfactory. We try to ensure that every guest feels welcome, has a great experience, and also loves our food. I hope the next time you are in the area you give us another try as I'm sure we can make this up to you.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

The food here was delicious. I got the hamburger plate. The burger was large, well seasoned and well dressed. My spouse had the fish platter which tasted very fresh and well seasoned. Enjoyed the atmosphere.

Reviewed August 11, 2016

Bread pudding is amazing! Had to go back and get a second one before leaving town!
The Shrimp Po-boy was delicious too!!!

Date of visit: March 2016